Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
*UK GOONS*

Going to be selling my trackbike and getting a dirt bike, as I'm only "allowed" a certain number of bikes on the premises. Open to offers before I e-bay it this weekend. Details as follows:

1989 CBR400RR NC23 Triarm

* V5 present in my name, currently SORNed. Lighting loom appears to be present & taped up at the front, so potentially a candidate for some Chinese E-bay/Tyga bodywork and an MOT. Still button-start so no pushing or rollers needed. It has been desrestricted - no JDM speed limiter.

* Fully functional ready-to-ride condition - forks, shock 100%, race bodywork generally in VGC and even with a matching orange paintjob and stickers from the guys who used to race it. Only thing wrong is a stuck pad mounting pin in one front caliper, but there's still pad life and calipers are about £20 a set from e-bay.

* Trick bits: CBR600 steelie shock w/ remote res., crash bungs, Harris rearsets, braided lines, carbon can on stock headers. Dunlop Alpha 10s with lots of life - sticky as gently caress.

* Assorted parts - spare shock, bits of bodywork etc.

I bought it in spring and only got in 3 trackdays. I've changed the oil and filter, cleaned and flushed through the coolant system, had the carbs cleaned and balanced, repaired a damaged throttle stop and had the valve clearances done by the local Honda dealer. The '23's engine is much tougher than the later '29, and with the valves done and the gear-driven cams, it should go on forever.

Looking for £750. It's an honest trackbike or 400 racebike and needs nothing doing to it, but you could buy some spangly Tyga plastics and make a winter project of it, or wire up a horn and give it an MOT.

I'm not on PMs so post up here if you want contact details to get pics, etc. Located in west Surrey and delivery within a reasonable radius is possible at cost.

And to prove it works! (Brands shakedown trip ICYWW...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Z3n posted:

I haven't been to the racetrack in 6 months, I don't even have a trackbike anymore :(

By the red hats, those were EBC race discs anyway, so they probably would have just gone badly wrong after 6 months on the road. :)

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

IAMKOREA posted:

Ok I am willing to go way down in price on all of this stuff! Make me an offer! Nothing is too crazy!

I already have a body protector and knee pads, but a spare set would be useful for encouraging my lame-rear end road-riding buddies to come on MX days with me.

So given that I'd only need it as a spare set, US$75 for the Bionic suit and pads, provided that shipping to the UK doesn't turn out to be stupid money (it shouldn't - USPS airmail is usually OK for stuff like that).

That's maybe too crazy, but at least it's an offer!

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

MotoMind posted:

This is a Teiz Motorsports Diego one-piece perforated leather riding suit, size medium-tall. It is an over-garment, and is cut larger than a racing suit. It is all-leather with armor, but has acres of perforation on the front, back, and legs. I purchased it on closeout several months ago and wore it a few times, but I haven't used it as much as I expected. The ventilation is very good, but most days in my area are more suitable for my Roadcrafter. Hopefully I will not regret this too much when August/September rolls around.

Product information: http://store.teizms.com/diego
Size chart: http://www.teizms.com/images/1piece.jpg
Product photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/teizms/6071846929/in/photostream/

(product photo illustrating perforations, not me)

Condition: There are a few bug splats and some superficial scuffs on the suit. The scuffs are generally from dust at the knees, or rubbing against a wall on the elbows, and clean right off the leather. I could not find any abrasions that broke the surface of the leather. There are no knee pucks.

Cost is $350, shipping included.

Still for sale?