Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Looking to buy CE armor inserts from a jacket. It's for a women's jacket, so they may be smaller pads. But if you switched out your jacket's pads and still have the old ones, and if they're the right size, I'd very much like to buy them from you.
If anyone has them, let me know and I'll give my email address or buy a PM upgrade or something.

Measurements for the empty armor insert slots:

Elbow:
10.5" long
6, 4, 5.5" wide at the elbow pad, hinge, & forearm pad, respectively

Shoulder:
8.25 by 6.5"

Back:
17.5" tall
14" major width
6.5-7" minor width

I hope "want to buy" messages are okay. I didn't see this item listed anywhere - I'm thinking it could be an item someone has but simply hadn't thought to put up for sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

My girlfriend needs new gloves! Does anyone have small-sized gloves they're willing to part with? Not picky about the type (she rides as passenger), just looking for something cheap-ish with decent protection.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Awesome, thanks, let me know how it works out.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

M42 posted:

^ I'm getting rid of my Dainese carbon cover womens gloves. Got a CL buyer coming over to check them out this week, but if that doesn't work out, you can grab em. They're a womens medium, but they're pretty drat small.

Any update on this? I hate to pester but my gf and i are likely motorbiking Pittsburgh to Baltimore next weekend and it'd be nice to have gloves by then :)

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

alnilam posted:

My girlfriend needs new gloves! Does anyone have small-sized gloves they're willing to part with? Not picky about the type (she rides as passenger), just looking for something cheap-ish with decent protection.

^^ M42 made a very nice offer, but was waiting on a potential craigslist buyer who ended up taking them :argh:

And my local craigslist has very little used gear, because western PA is non-gear-wearing-middle-aged-harley-dude central USA.

So I'm repeating this request, if anyone has some small ladies' gloves I'd really appreciate it :)

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

Alpinestars Tech Aero magnetic tank bag - $100 shipped

-Main compartment is expandable with a zipper
-GPS/phone window compartment with a headphone hole on top
-Sunglasses compartment at front
-Two side compartments
-Waterproof shroud that hides in zippered compartment
-Zips off of magnetic pad and turns into a backpack

PM me if interested.

I'm interested, but I'm worried about the fit. I ride a kawasaki vulcan 500, and its tank looks like this

and I've never tried to use a tank bag before.

Can anyone comment on using a tank bag like this with a bike like mine (cruiser with speedometer on the tank)? Will it cover the spedometer?
The best info I can find right now is that this guy on revzilla uses the same bag with his Harley that has a speedo on the tank, so it seems like it'll probably be fine.

E: taking this question to the gear thread

alnilam fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Mar 30, 2015

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Crayvex posted:

Anyone interested in an old timey walkie-talkie with two types of helmet speakers/microphones and a push to talk button?

Make me an offer: shipping will be from Royal Oak, MI

Tydeus at wowway.com

Do you mean they fit different kinds of helmets?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Powerthirst posted:

Got a few things left over from my Vulcan 500 I don't have anymore and want to get rid of them.

Thinking $70 shipped for everything.

1. Haynes Manual (85-07 454LTD/LTD450, Vulcan 500 and Ninja 250)
2. #102 main jet Qty 2
3. #35 Pilot jet Qty 2
4. EBC FA85HH brake pads

I just recently bought that manual :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Yes, lots, but not of the gear