Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

sleepy gary posted:

Anyone have a dog carrier bag for sale? I need a large one for 25ish pound dog.

Good luck! Thinking about that or a sidecar for our adventurous four legged friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

sleepy gary posted:

Anyone have a dog carrier bag for sale? I need a large one for 25ish pound dog.

I ended up making a dog box out of AC plywood and angle iron that was hanging around the house. Took it for a test drive sans dog from SLO to San Diego, doesn't catch as much wind as I feared.

Gonna line it and putt around the beaches with the pooch this weekend. My dad curled the clutch and banged off the fairing before I had a chance to do it myself this summer.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
I really appreciate the concerns because this is a pretty ridiculous thing to get safe, much less comfortable for a dog. Sanding/brushing the hardware and ultimately settling on slip resist rubber mat over carpet.

She tolerated it, but clearly did not enjoy it. Kinda like brushing her teeth. Officially retired to grocery duty after the first ride. Don't think I'm ignoring the turlet idea it's stuck up there now.

Here she is climbing down Ragged Point.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

opengl posted:

Does nobody worry about their pets' hearing when they strap them on bikes? The wind is deafening to a human, I can't imagine how it feels to a dog or cat with much better hearing.

That's an excellent concern and I'm sure there's plenty of dogs that would be bothered. When I was super young there was Kookie the Wonder Dog who raced on dirtbike tanks.

She rats while I build houses, the tablesaws, compressors, nail guns, etc don't bother her. That surprised the hell out of me because she hates fireworks.

Edit- got kookies name wrong

Shuka fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 3, 2023

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Jfc I'm a dumbass, quote ain't edit

To be 100% clear Ragged Point was last months camping trip, not our sleepy 15 minute test putt around the socal beach town where we live.

Shuka fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 3, 2023