Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not
Putting these out there to see if there's any interest.

Size-wise, I'm 6 foot exactly with a 30 - 32 inch waist.

1) RST Ventilator 3 textile jacket - medium - $125

PROS:

Great starter jacket that comes with two liners (one waterproof, the other for warmth) and CE-rated armor for the shoulders, elbow and back. Without the liners in, it has HEAPS of airflow - way more than the dainese air frame jacket I got as an upgrade - making it a boss summer jacket. Also, covered in reflective strips. Yay safety.

CONS:

Like all these newbie jackets, it looks like an armored parka. It's not going to dampen any panties when you strut past.

Has some weird jizz stains on the left shoulder. No idea where they're from. Some kind of grease? They don't want to wash out.

WEAR:

Never taken a spill. I wore it for about four months more or less daily, but it's cleaned up real nice (except for the jizz).

SELLING BECAUSE:

I bought a sexier summer jacket that doesn't make me look like a lego man. (It cost a lot more).

2) Dainese "Lucky" leather jacket - size 46 - $300

PROS:

It's Dainese, so y'know, there's the smugness factor.

Sweet retro styling, CE armor in the shoulders and elbows, plus space for a back protector if that's your thing. Zips into Dainese pants to form a two piece suit.

Practically new. I've worn it for a couple of weeks, and the dude I ebayed it from says he bought the gear and never bought a bike to go with it. If he's lying, he's pretty good at it - the thing looks brand new to me.

Comes with a winter liner and fairly big vents across the upper chest, making it practical year-round.

CONS:

It doesn't *quite* fit me.

WEAR:

I've worn it maybe eight times; don't know how much the previous owner put into it, but it's still got that new jacket smell. No scuffs, no marks.

SELLING BECAUSE:

It's *marginally* the wrong size for me. With the liner in, the arms are too tight to move comfortably (I can't bend my elbows enought to ride comfortably) while there's more gut room than I really need. Would suit someone slightly shorter than I am.

NOTE

I live in Sydney, Australia, which means these are probably only of interest to Aussie goons. (Unless you have some sort of crazy international shipping connections that don't cost a small fortune).

ie: Shipping not included.

prukinski fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not
How much does one of you Australian goons want to buy my Duke 690? Is it a lot? Because that would suit me.

It's one of the less ugmo Gen 3's and everything's in good order except the seat (it's getting creased) and the mirrors (I cracked the left hand mirror while adjusting it because whoops).

The previous owner went apeshit farkling this up so if you've ever wanted a donging around bike with ALL TEH MODS, here you go. All it's missing is a loud pipe for that extra flatulent thumper exhaust note, thank God.

Selling because I impulse bought a Tuono and I'm not made of money or garage space. Already priced fairly low by Australian standards, but I'm pretty amenable to a goon discount.

http://bit.ly/1rR7TKn

prukinski fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 17, 2016

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not
I've got a Capanord 1200 for sale in the Seattle area with former CA fixture Z3n.

~45k miles.

$5k-ish. Flexible for goons.

https://offerup.co/oeix0Kyc1Cb

(For some reason I can't see the pics in that ad. Maybe it's region locked and I can't see them from Australia? If you're in the US and you can't see pics let me know.)

It's got:

- Hard luggage
- Corbin saddle
- Old man touring screen (not fitted)
- Wireless phone charger
- LEDs
- Some other minor farkles I can't remember now
- New tyres, chain and fluids.

The PO did 20k miles in three years, and I took it for a 7,000 mile spin around the US and Canada last year. Neither of us had any issues with it, and it sure was a fun way to get around FREEDOM COUNTRY.

You can tell the engine's out of the Dorsudoro 1200 because it's got a big supermoto lump of torque straight out of the gate before petering off quickly. Lends itself to the sort of whisky throttle idiocy that shouldn't be possible when you're hauling that amount of luggage.

Disappointing Italian bike experience, though. It didn't poo poo the bed even once, not even a check engine light the entire trip.

prukinski fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 12, 2023

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

Jazzzzz posted:

in US, can't see pics either

Updated link. Any better?