Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good
Selling my girlfriend's Alpinestar Stella T-Dyno Jacket, Size XS. The coat has been very good to her but she needs something waterproof for our trip south. It is in great condition and looks new. She's used it about a dozen times and gotten many compliments on it.

Has armor in the shoulders and elbows, and the Alpinestar logos are all reflective.

This jacket retails for 219, selling for $120 shipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good
This has been a great helmet but I have a few too many helmets and this one needs to go.

There's a great writeup on this helmet over at webbikeworld: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/hjc/carbon/

HJC AC-12 Carbon Size Small
The helmet is very light and weighs the same as my buddy's MOMO 3/4 helmet.

Its in great shape with a few very minor exceptions, there are a few thin marks on the left side. I used to store the helmet on a high shelf and would bump the helmet against the painted wall as I was putting it up the marks are very small and thin (see detail pic) there is also a hard to see scuff where I had a Cardo system mounted. The visor mechanism is a little sticky but if you hit it with a little WD-40 every now and then it's no problem. Comes with both a clear and smoked visor both in used but good shape.

This helmet retails for $264 through denniskirk, $160 Shipped.

PlasticSun fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 3, 2010

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good
Selling my girlfriends small XSpeed helmet. It's been a good helmet to her but she's enjoying my old Shoei so this one hasn't seen much action.

Helmet has a breath guard, and a mirrored visor, never crashed but it did fall off the bike once which put a pair of chips into the back of the helmet. I've checked the interior foam and there's no problems that I can detect. I feel confident having her wear the helmet and I'd feel confident with someone else wearing it as well but this is a dropped used helmet and priced accordingly.

The visor is in good shape but there some wear on the mirror finish in a couple of spots. I tried to get a shot of it below the faint darkish spot is the wear.

$40 Shipped - SOLD

PlasticSun fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 13, 2010

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good
Selling my Icon Motorhead in black. I love this coat and I'm going to miss it, it looks great, and has been an excellent companion on many long rides. It's comfortable in the summer with the liner out, the under arms are perforated allowing for good airflow, and the low collar keeps you cool as well. In winter and on cold mornings I added a heated jacket liner underneath and was perfectly comfortable.

Leather is in very good condition and treated regularly with lexsol, but the jacket has seen a good 20K miles so there's some fading of the Icon logos on the arms.

There's CE armor in the shoulders and elbows and it has a removable liner which allows the jacket to be good in temps down to the low 60s but beneath that you'll want to have a swear or another liner on underneath.

The stitching is starting to come undone on the top of the Icon label on the inside of the jacket this is happening on both the liner and the jacket and I think it's just poor quality thread used to attach the label. I have a picture of this below. The original main zipper failed and I replaced it with a very beefy YKK zipper that will last a very long time.

It's a great looking coat that I've gotten a lot of compliments on, but liquidating a bunch of stuff before heading south for a year so it's got to go.

Retails new for $380, selling for $200 shipped.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good
Tourmaster Apex Sport Leather Pants

Used set of full leather sport pants. They have articulated knees, stretchable panels in the inner thighs, lower calves, and in the love handle area.

Armor in both the hips and knees, with the front pockets doubling as additional vents. These have been great pants for me for a couple of years now but we're liquidating a bunch of gear before heading south for a year so they've got to go.

Never crashed in them, leather was treated regularly with lexsol. One thing of note, I do not have the top half of the zipper that would attach to a jacket for these pants but I've heard that you can get it either cheap or free from tourmaster.

I'm a 32-33 waist depending on the season, with a 31 in inseam and these fit me really well.

Retail price is $215.99 new at Motorsport:
$110 Shipped SOLD

PlasticSun fucked around with this message at 14:10 on May 6, 2010

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

Oakey posted:

What size is that AC-12 carbon?

Size Small on the AC-12, Fits pretty closely to an Arai Medium I find.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good
Likey that she's pretty similar, my gf is short 5'0" but has a very long torso.

Currently she weighs about 110, she weighed about 120 when we bought the jacket.

Waist is about 28" arms are 17". She often used the jacket with a heated jacket liner underneath.

Some of her dresses are a size 0 others are a size 6 so it seems the dress thing varies by a lot.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

PlasticSun posted:

This has been a great helmet but I have a few too many helmets and this one needs to go.

There's a great writeup on this helmet over at webbikeworld: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/hjc/carbon/

HJC AC-12 Carbon Size Small
The helmet is very light and weighs the same as my buddy's MOMO 3/4 helmet.

Its in great shape with a few very minor exceptions, there are a few thin marks on the left side. I used to store the helmet on a high shelf and would bump the helmet against the painted wall as I was putting it up the marks are very small and thin (see detail pic) there is also a hard to see scuff where I had a Cardo system mounted. The visor mechanism is a little sticky but if you hit it with a little WD-40 every now and then it's no problem. Comes with both a clear and smoked visor both in used but good shape.

This helmet retails for $264 through denniskirk, $130 Shipped.

Price drop, now $130 Shipped

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

PlasticSun posted:

Selling my Icon Motorhead in black. I love this coat and I'm going to miss it, it looks great, and has been an excellent companion on many long rides. It's comfortable in the summer with the liner out, the under arms are perforated allowing for good airflow, and the low collar keeps you cool as well. In winter and on cold mornings I added a heated jacket liner underneath and was perfectly comfortable.

Leather is in very good condition and treated regularly with lexsol, but the jacket has seen a good 20K miles so there's some fading of the Icon logos on the arms.

There's CE armor in the shoulders and elbows and it has a removable liner which allows the jacket to be good in temps down to the low 60s but beneath that you'll want to have a swear or another liner on underneath.

The stitching is starting to come undone on the top of the Icon label on the inside of the jacket this is happening on both the liner and the jacket and I think it's just poor quality thread used to attach the label. I have a picture of this below. The original main zipper failed and I replaced it with a very beefy YKK zipper that will last a very long time.

It's a great looking coat that I've gotten a lot of compliments on, but liquidating a bunch of stuff before heading south for a year so it's got to go.

Retails new for $380, selling for $200 shipped.

Price drop, now $170 Shipped

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good
2003 BMW R1150R $4500 - Easily my favorite motorcycle out all of those I’ve owned. I know I'm going to regret selling this one but it seems unfair to leave it to sit for a year while we go south to Argentina. It’s taken me on multiple trips all over the US and it has been as reliable as the sun. If you’re considering a Sportster, Bonneville or any other standard you really owe it to yourself to check this bike out.

The good stuff:
- BMW System Cases - Hard Luggage bags keyed to the bike.
- Gel Battery - Starts in the dead of winter, I used this bike as a year round commuter as well as my main touring machine.
Fresh Metzeler Z6 Sport Touring Tires - Less than 1K on these good for many many more.
Heated Grips - 2 settings and work great to keep you riding year round.
R1150 GS Hand guards - These are great for keeping your hands warm on a cold days or drier in the rain. combined with the heated grips they work great to keep you warm year round.
No ABS - changing the brake fluid is easy and the brakes have a fantastic feel with no nonsense to deal with if you want to explore a dirt road or ride over Cottonwood Pass to grab a burger in Crested Butte on a Saturday.

Bike has 50K miles on it and rides just like the day I bought it 5 years ago.

The not so swell stuff:
I took the bike up a few dirt mountain passes (it performed really well) but I parked it on a somewhat sloped road and it tipped over scuffing up a valve cover. Scuffs are on the bike’s right side valve cover (the cap on the part of the engine that sticks out) and pictured below. These are cosmetic only and do no effect the bike’s performance at all.
The System Cases have some scuffs from being used as luggage on various trips, its all cosmetic and the bags still lock and are perfectly watertight.
There’s a few hairline scratches on the tank from a tank bag that I had mounted on it for a while.

The bike has been well taken care of with services done at BMW of Denver and Bavarian Motorcycles West. Buy it and ride it to Alaska tomorrow!

I've bought bikes and sold a fair bit of stuff here in the past. If you'd like to do a fly and ride I'll do whatever I can to support you.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

Jabs posted:

If you didn't want to sell it, I'd be...erm...how can I say this...
I'd be MORE than happy to store it and take care of it for you while you're on your trip. :v:

Sure thing, just give me $4500 and I'll let you store for an even longer period if you'd like :)

Better yet just come down and take for a spin you know to just "see what it's like." That's how I ended up with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

needknees posted:

I passed your post along to a friend of mine. You're located in Colorado, right?

Yep I'm in the middle of Denver, but I'll deliver it to anyone in CO, UT, or WY for just a bit extra. Thanks for passing it along!