Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

needknees posted:

Ok. $350 shipped.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3236113

My closets are overflowing with gear something needs to go!

Hmm. Let me talk to the wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Sent you a PM about my SV I'm trying to get rid of. It's an S, so not exactly what you are looking for, but an option.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

"Why do you have to zip up your pants every time you get off that hog, Travis," Punchy said. I nearly fell off the bike, aghast. "You got a pussy in that thing?" I coughed and gulped. "Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy," I said

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Buhbuhj posted:

Yoshi says it's fine if you leave the baffle in(Stoltec flash should be fine anyway). Honestly I couldn't notice a difference in noise level with or without it. It's not too loud, at idle it's fairly tame but screams up top. I mainly got it because I wear earplugs and I could not hear the stock exhaust at all.

It's funny because I thought it was pretty loud but my Tuono stock pipe is actually louder.

Interested if Orbital's wife says no. How many miles on it?

Also, I wear earplugs too and can't hear the exhaust for poo poo compared to how loud my Yosh SV was.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

captainOrbital posted:

No, it's cool. I've decided to prioritize getting a better seat and a leather suit. And I'm still at the point where I've never once thought, "Huh, what this bike really needs is more power!"

Exhausts are not a power thing anymore.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Weight and noise. Sorry, that initial response came off as super dickish, not meant that way FZ-09 bro.

I think it's shown almost all modern engines run as well with stock exhausts as they do with aftermarket ones. That being said, aftermarket might have better potential with correct tuning, but again I think that's questionable science these days. Exhausts are a LOT better than they were 10/15 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Voltage posted:

Interest check on a 2007 Aprilia Tuono. 12k miles, perfect shape but "rebuilt' NY title - no signs of any damage however.
Has loud arrow CF pipes but otherwise stock as far as I can tell - dunlop Q3's have about 1500 miles on them.
Asking $3500 firm, paid $4500 for it a year ago.

for $4,000 I'll throw in my Arai Signet Q/sena smh10r headset (medium), 2 other generic (hjc?) helmets, newish AGV sport leather jacket+ leather pants, and cortech super 2.0 soft cases (tail bag, tank bag, saddlebags)

Located in Westchester NY.

The gear is a good addition, but to folks buying never use a used helmet as your main helmet. Random one off passengers lids are one thing, but used helmets should be avoided.