Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
edit: not selling it anymore

redscare fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
Its not on craiglist yet and if you're serious I'll hold off putting it up there. As long as its gone by the end of the month I'll be happy.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Krakkles posted:

I'm serious, but don't want to steal it from Z3n. If he's out, I am 99% sure I can do it, especially if the end of the month is the deadline. Just gotta figure out how to get it.

I can get a truck from work the only issue is getting a ramp, although it can be hard-labored in/out of a bed by 3-4 people.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
edit: decided to keep it

redscare fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 19, 2009

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
Yeah so this time I am seriously selling the FZR.

Specifics: 1990 Yamaha FZR600, has the front end off a YZF600, forks specifically are off a 2005 (mid-90s YZFs didn't have as many adjustments). Lacks a front fender, however. #3(second from right if you're sitting on the bike) header is dented, but doesn't affect performance as far as I can tell, though its a pain to take it off/put it back on. Salvage title thanks to a lady in an Acura that can't see people in broad daylight. Front tire is a nearly-new Michelin Pilot Sport Road 2. Rear is a Battleax BT14 but probably needs replacing if you're going to ride very aggressively thanks to some rubbing that I've since sorted. About 42.5k on the clock, no mechanical/electrical issues.

Upper fairing is pretty beat up, its pretty ripe for a streetfighter conversion (I'd do it myself if I was keeping the bike). I have lower fairings sitting in my apartment if you want em. They're black and need to be painted and maybe fiberglassed a bit but aren't too trashed. Also have new handlebar grips for it, the current ones are pretty beat.

$850 and its yours (or make an offer), CA registered until late August. Bike's in Long Beach, here are some lovely and poorly-cropped pics

Click here for the full 1704x2000 image.

Click here for the full 2047x1704 image.

Click here for the full 2000x1704 image.

Click here for the full 1704x2040 image.

redscare fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 14, 2010

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

hayden. posted:

Lowered to $1800 on CL - figured I'd get at least a little interest at this price, but only one or two retards so far. I had an offer for 1500. I guess KLRs are just a fairly illiquid bike to sell.

Put it up on advrider or klr650.net, it'll get picked up quick i bet

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
Might as well expand this parade. I really need to move the FZR now since I moved and no longer have the luxury of having cars stick out massively due to a gate. Dropped the price to $850 and it has a brand-new battery.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3119867&pagenumber=3&perpage=40#post370043878

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

hayden. posted:

Lowered to 1600.

you should put the mileage in your ad

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
How much for the dog

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
Selling my KLR since I'm never going to ride it now that I have the Falco. There's just too much superslab between Long Beach and just about anywhere that its worth taking a KLR to. And I'm lazy. Could use the money too.

Its a 2005 with about 32,000 miles (I'll update w/exact mileage tonight). I'm responsible for about 4k of it, almost all highway. Tags good until next June.

Doo was done by a P.O. as was most of the farkling

Farkle list includes most of the dual star catalog:
Bashplate
Fork brace
Rear brake cylinder guard
Dual star shift/rear brake levers
Upgraded front brake
Steel-braided brake lines
Givi top case (a bit scuffed up but otherwise in fine shape)
Wolfman tank bag
Factory soft bags (I bought them and have yet to use em, one of the straps needs to be sewn back on)
Aftermarket front fender (have the stock one as well)
Aftermarket handlebar (same for the bar)
12V outlet on the handlebar and a gear plug under the s eat
Heated grips
Throttle lock
Handlebar guards
Neutral starter interlock disabled
Sealed battery
Center stand

Its taken a couple no-speed naps in the dirt, but never been down otherwise. It has an aftermarket can in this pic, but I put the stock one back on since I got tired of the noise. The rear plastic is a bit melted because I screwed up putting the aftermarket can on.

Tires are ME880 hockey pucks with a decent amount of life left in em.

Have service manuals plus a stash of parts that includes oil filters, spare levels, bolts, and a clutch cable.

Asking $2500

Only registered members can see post attachments!

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

OrangeFurious posted:

Where was that picture taken? I swear I know the building and bike.

Outside my condo off 4th St west of Magnolia

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

King of all Machines Operate posted:

Got a one week old Scorpion EXO700 Sinister size medium. Essentially brand new but doesn't fit me as well as I had hoped. Perfect inside and out.

I'll do $100 shipped

PM sent, tired of dealing with my HJC and I loved my previous 700

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
That's a really tempting loving price. I wouldn't be able to make it to Chicago until Thanksgiving weekend probably (need a long weekend to make it back, you see...) though.

And oh god what would I do with three bikes, I barely ride the two I have...

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Tsaven Nava posted:

If you're actually interested, I could hold it with a deposit.

Nah, its cool. It'd be too much of a nightmare, especially given the time of the year

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

redscare posted:

Selling my KLR since I'm never going to ride it now that I have the Falco. There's just too much superslab between Long Beach and just about anywhere that its worth taking a KLR to. And I'm lazy. Could use the money too.

Its a 2005 with about 32,000 miles (I'll update w/exact mileage tonight). I'm responsible for about 4k of it, almost all highway. Tags good until next June.

Bashplate
Fork brace
Upgraded front brake
Wolfman tank bag
Factory soft bags (I bought them and have yet to use em, one of the straps needs to be sewn back on)
Heated grips
Throttle lock
Handlebar guards
Sealed battery
Center stand

Its taken a couple no-speed naps in the dirt, but never been down otherwise. It has an aftermarket can in this pic, but I put the stock one back on since I got tired of the noise. The rear plastic is a bit melted because I screwed up putting the aftermarket can on.

Have service manuals plus a stash of parts that includes oil filters, spare levels, bolts, and a clutch cable.

Asking $2250

Going to put this back up for sale...contemplating giving this riding thing up entirely (just don't ride enough) but not going to decide until after the KLR's sold

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
Droppin this to 2k, bike deserves a better home (and an owner that'll ride it more) and I can't be arsed to craigslist it

PM or email redscare37 at yahoo

redscare posted:

Its a 2005 with about 32,000 miles. I'm responsible for about 4k of it, almost all highway. Tags good until next June.

Bashplate
Fork brace
Upgraded front brake
Wolfman tank bag
Heated grips
Throttle lock
Handlebar guards
Sealed battery
Center stand

Asking $2000

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
edit: redacted

redscare fucked around with this message at 07:55 on May 12, 2011

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
I need more closet space, so time to part with surplus gear:

Alpinestars textile jacket. Its a decent California "winter" item (so fall/spring for those of you with real seasons) and is largely water-resistant in minor rain (heavy stuff will start permeating on the inner side of the elbow. Removable full-sleeve liner. Its sized as a large, but its a little big on my skinny rear end. I'd say it straddles the divide between large and extra-large. Never been down. $75 shipped.

SOLD!

Spidi solid leather pants

I've had these for a few years. They don't really go with the rest of my gear anymore. Never been down. Size 48 - I have a 33 inch waist and a 33 inch inseam (go ahead and laugh at my attempts to find properly fitting pants of any kind) and these fit as perfectly as its going to get. Also $75 shipped.

Alpinestars SP2 gloves. Size medium. A little wear inside, but nothing serious. $30 shipped.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

redscare fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 3, 2012

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Nitramster posted:

Where in cali are you? Near torrance? I'd like to try those pants on.

I'm in Long Beach

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Mcqueen posted:

redscare, I don't have PM's but I'd like that jacket. Shoot me an email at estoban dc at gmail.

Is estoban dc one word or separated by a period

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Nitramster posted:

dude sorry I didn't get back to you again, can you shoot me an email at gmail so I can ask a few more questions and maybe arrange a time for me to tryon / pick up? its my username.

Ok, email sent

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Surging Santorum posted:

Spidi solid leather pants

I've had these for a few years. They don't really go with the rest of my gear anymore. Never been down. Size 48 - I have a 33 inch waist and a 33 inch inseam (go ahead and laugh at my attempts to find properly fitting pants of any kind) and these fit as perfectly as its going to get. They are not overpants. $60 shipped.

Alpinestars SP2 gloves. Size medium. A little wear inside, but nothing serious. $25 shipped.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

This crap is still for sale. I need the closet space!

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
sold

redscare fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

SaNChEzZ posted:

Aw :( what are you picking up? Also, we should hang out again!

Nothing for the time being. Probably will end up with a Tiger or GS 800 in a couple years once I've upgraded my living arrangement.