Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
My wife's speedometer blew up. Does anybody happen to have a line on a speedo for a '84 Magna VF500C ? Seems these are tough to come by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I want a Buell or some sort of v-twin Aprilia so the Vstar has to go. $6800 CL asking price, but poo poo guys, make me an offer.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/2573358000.html

Tell your friends!

Located in the Seattle area but I'll deliver it within 500 miles if you can handle a few bugs on it when it arrives :v:

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 2, 2011

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Sold

1984 Honda Magna VF500C (V30) - $1600 OBO (or negotiable in trade for Remus exhaust y-pipe and muffler that will fit a 2002 BMW R1150R) located near Seattle (Everett).

We've had it since June 2009 but it's been garage stored since June 2010 after it started having carb issues. Now that the carbs have been taken out, fixed, and re-installed, we have no need for it; time to make room in the garage.

Skill-wise, it'd be a good beginner bike. 62 very-linear horsepowers, not a lot of torques to get in trouble with, and a short reach to the pavement. Plus it isn't pristine - been down a couple times before and after we got it (it was the wife's first ride).

Has about 15k-16k mi. Tires barely used, about 1000 miles. Textured (truck bed liner) finish on tank, side covers, and crash bar (this pic was before the crash bar was done). Chain and sprockets in good shape. Fresh oil, about 4 miles old. Lights and signals all work. Tabbed until June 2013.

All there, runs good, looks good.

Good for smaller riders. At 5'10", the wife and I are pretty big for it.

Issues:
- Speedometer and odometer don't work.
- Minor scrapes and dings from a couple low-speed tip-overs.
- We labeled the carbs before removing them...with sharpie. Awesome.
- Exhaust is a little leaky but that makes it sound cool.

Like the bike and interested but don't like the price? Tell me what price you like!

e: Oh yeah, contact info: bfellows and I live at gmail.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jun 7, 2012

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Someone come take my 1979 Yamaha XS750 Special. It's a 3cyl 750cc UJM. It's all there but it is a project. Carbs are out (cleaned, on the racks, linkages attached), front brakes are seized, tires are super old, and it really needs to be gone through comprehensively.

It's about 15 minutes north of the Seattle city limits.

Free to whoever hauls it away, I can help load. I can also deliver within reasonable distance of 98026, but you have to come look at it to make sure you want it, help me load it, and make it worth my while (think craft brew or recreational herbal smokables so we can truthfully tell the DOL that no money changed hands). I have the title around somewhere.

Good project for someone who wants to wrench. I just want it out of my garage.

FYI this will not make a good babby's first motorcycle, even in top running shape these old XSs are for tinkerers, so just get that EX250 everybody is telling you to get. Seriously if you tell me it's going to be your first bike I will try to dissuade you.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
e: got pants, so one-piece suit or pants is no longer what I am after.

Looking now for a Aerostich Roadcrafter jacket or similar. The key is waterproof shell, I don't want a shell that gets waterlogged and a liner that doesn't get wet but definitely gets cold.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 2, 2016

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
You could eat off that thing

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Any PNW folks need a bike hauler? I have a car and a truck that can't tow much and I want to get that down to just a truck that can tow.

So I have a 2000 Ranger, standard cab, 2WD, AT, 2.5L 4cyl, long box (bike in, gate up), 20gal tank, arctic white that I'd like to sell. 125k mi. $2250, located in Edmonds, WA.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Klim Traverse Jacket, XL: $220

GORE-TEX waterproof shell. Elbow, shoulder, and back armor included. HUGE pit vents, goes from about elbow to kidney.

It's waterproof for a commute, or if you have to stay dry on the ORV trails, it will work great for that. It is however not waterproof for 10 hours at 110KPH in driving Yukon rain.

Selling it because it's too big. My arms are too short for it; I'm 5'10" 210 for reference.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Any Seattle folks need a big solid work bench for their garage? I bought it for like $60 a couple years ago but it's not the right shape for my space. It's like 4'x8', waist high.

Worst photo:

I'll give it away to anybody in King, Shohomish, or Skagit county who wants it, would appreciate some beer or bud or something in exchange for the trouble of transporting it in my truck.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

TheFonz posted:

"Why do you have to zip up your pants every time you get off that hog, Travis," Punchy said. I nearly fell off the bike, aghast. "You got a pussy in that thing?" I coughed and gulped. "Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy," I said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Items: 1978 XL175 Enduro, 1976 DT175 Enduro

Condition: plated, street legal projects with titles. They need some TLC to get running but they are pretty much complete. The DT's got dat air cooled 2 stroke piston slap and its oil pump leaks as much as it pumps. The XL's fork leaks and the headlight is nonfunctional. Both need oil changes and fresh gas and stuff.

XL has collector plate. I legally own both titles.

My wife and I used these to get into dirt riding but our skills are outpacing what these bikes can do on real trails. They are a hoot for forest service roads, and with a tune up and fresh chains you could knock out the WA BDR on them easy.

It's the same ol sad story at the core though: having a kid, gotta downsize.

Any interest at $500 for the pair? I can follow you home with them and help unload.

e: both have somewhere between 3000 and 4000 miles on them I think.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Dec 22, 2016