Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
2009 red/black Genuine Scooter Roughhouse 50, up for sale in DC, looking to get 1800

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mcy/1328258329.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
I want to get rid of my Tourmaster Caliber riding pants, black colored. Size is Large Long and fits me at 34'' inseam. They go for ~$150 new, they can be yours for $80.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
I've decided to put up my '98 Ninja 500 for sale. No problems with it, runs excellently. 17,600 miles ATM. $1500 for any interested goons in the upstate-NY area

http://rochester.craigslist.org/mcy/1792212512.html

EDIT: sold! to a non-goon, though

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 16, 2010

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Selling a lower fairing cowl from my Ninja 250. Make an offer. Picture's in the 250 thread.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Got a Muzzy full exhaust system in my hands, for a Ninja 250 ('87-'07). It's got some rash on it. $130, with shipping

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Muzzy exhaust for Ninja 250 - price lowered to $100 with shipping.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
The Ninja 250 Muzzy's been sold, to a non-goon.

I have a lower cowl fairing for a Ninja 500R, red. Anyone want it? $60.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
SV650 owners:

I'm selling my 225mm Delkevic carbon fiber slip-on exhaust. This thing will turn your SV into a beast roaring like its nuts' been cut off. Deep, bassy growling that comes freely upon blip of the throttle.

Flaws: has single vertical scratch on exterior side, and a small nick on the interior side where you can't see.

Has 1,500 miles on it so far.

See the picture of my SV, that's what it looks like.

$145 w/ shipping. PM me for up-close pictures.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit Chain with Disc Lock - used condition, it secured a Ninja 250 in place outside all of last winter. The u-lock is in good shape, unlocks/locks perfectly. I don't need it anymore, my SV650 has its own separate disc lock and there's nothing for me to chain-lock the SV to anymore. $60

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

Gnaghi posted:

I'm selling some Bike JacketZ.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/clo/2284500142.html

Scorpion Stinger in Blue/Large - $120
Firstgear Tex Mesh in Black/Large - $70
Icon +5 Street Cred Jacket in Black/Medium - $50
Frank Thomas Stunt Shoes in 11.5 - $50

All stuff is plus shipping and I'm in NJ.

I just emailed you through the CL link, but I want to know how well the Stinger jacket flows air. Consider myself interested.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Two Brothers M2 VALE aluminium slip-on for the SV650

Many single out the Two Bros as their favorite slip-on for the SV650.

Has a couple scratches on it - one upon the slip on and one one on the clamp. And a small scrape on the V.A.L.E. (the screw mechanism) itself. Those defects are pictured.

This slip-on works for both 2nd and 1st gen SV's due to the ingenuity of the V.A.L.E. mechanism - you can adjust the midpipe's angle into the slipon. This can mean you angling the slip-on higher and closer to the tail with just a few screws' adjustment.

$190 for slip-on, slip-on clamp, midpipe, and midpipe clamp.

the whole slip-on
http://tinypic.com/r/21mi8wp/7

close-up on the scratch
http://tinypic.com/r/wrdugo/7

the scrape
http://i56.tinypic.com/2ryslee.jpg

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
(posted this on my local Craigslist here in Rochester NY, worth a shot here)

I'm now exploring an upgrade to a Suzuki GSXR-600 or 750. A test ride on a 600 the other day bit me hard in a good way, and I've been thinking nonstop about upgrading to an 600/750.

I have $4k cash in hand.

The 600 / 750 must be in excellent condition, meaning oil changes were done religiously, along with other maintenance (fork seals, valves, brakes, etc.). I'm okay with scuffs and scratches on fairings. All maintenance records on file is a huge plus.

We could do a trade - I have a beautiful, well-kept 2005 SV650 with a GSXR-1000 front end, ZX6R shock, various engine upgrades and some other goodies that I would be willing to trade if I like your GSX-R.

No track bikes. :)

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

BigRedCat posted:

Just in case anyone is considering it, I have this exact jacket and like it a lot.

3rd'ing it, the Stinger is one of a kind. I have the same in blue, thanks to another goon :)

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
edit: changed plans to sell my SV650, based on economic/academic forecasting.

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 10, 2011

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Up for sale for Ninja 250 owners (1988-2007 models):

A set of Cobra F1r racing mufflers - SOLD!

They were fun as hell on my 250, they were passed on to another friend who in turn passed them on to another friend. That friend is getting rid of his 250 and wants to offload them so I'm helping him out by posting them here. They're loud and make Harley riders turn their heads in amazement and jealousy at your little 250. They also aren't produced anymore.

Here's a clip of them on my old Ninja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbe7_iMffbY

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 30, 2011

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Yoshimura slip-on for 2nd gen SV650

My 2005 SV650 came with a chopped Yoshimura stainless steel RS3 slip-on. I replaced it with a Delkevic 350mm recently.

I used to have a 250mm Delkevic on an former SV650 of mine, and this has equal ferocity to that.

Good shape except for rust on the springs that hold the mid-pipe to the slip-on itself. They're covered by gray plastic tubes that are emblazoned with the Yoshimura logo, as you can see in the pictures.

$160 with shipping. Comes with all necessary clamps.

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 30, 2011

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Price change on the SV650 Yoshimura exhaust. $160 with shipping.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Made a video of my Yoshimura slip-on for the SV650: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qU1vCqtOI0

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Now that I've upgraded to a NinJAHHHHHHHHHH 636, my 2005 SV650 with GSXR front and poo poo-ton of goods is up for sale again. Upstate New York.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
2005 Suzuki SV650

Hello everybody.

I bought this bike in April as a replacement for my K3 SV650 that perished due to a pickup truck running a stop sign.

This is an AWESOME bike. The P.O., a member of svrider.com, took very good care of it and did ALL the mods himself. It used to be a SV650S, and was converted to Naked. He did oil changes every 2-3k. Valve check/adjustment has been done. The bike had 20,000 miles on it when I got it. I am the 2nd owner.

I took this bike in, did an oil change to it, cleaned and lubed the chain every 400 miles, added Speed Bleeders to it, and briefly had a Delkevic slip-on in place of the Yoshimura. The Yoshimura has been put back on. I added around 2,000 miles to the bike. It operates beautifully - engine purring & roaring, the transmission shifting just fine.

Reason why I'm selling? I just got a Ninja 636. I also have a 2000 SV650 with mods and a handlebar. My rule is to have just two bikes in my stable, and I now have too many bikes. The 636 and 2000 SV650 are my pick for the two bikes to own as they are the complete opposite of each other and complement each other for me. The two SV650's are similar to each other but this one has clip-ons, and I am keeping the SV with the handlebar. So I am reluctantly letting this 2005 SV650 go. I would like to pass this bike on to another CA goer, who can appreciate this bike for its gloriousness.

Mods:
2001 GSXR-1000 front forks and brakes
Vortex clip-ons and triple tree
Buell Lightning dual headlights
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R rear shock
Stainless steel brake lines
Barnett clutch
R6 throttle mod
520 gold chain
Honda CBR F3 rear wheel
Wavy brake rotors up front
Power Commander III
2005 GSXR Radial Master cylinder
Shortened Yoshimura exhaust slip-on
Vapor gauge
K&N air filter
ATRE (Automatic Timing Retard Eliminator)
Cam swap - 1st gen intake cam replaced the 2nd gen exhaust cam; gives a bit more HP and reduces engine braking.
Metzler Sportec M3 tires with plenty of life
Speed Bleeders up front

I have receipts from what the P.O. did to the bike.

I installed CRG Arrow mirrors on the bike, but I have since taken them off and put them on my SuperSport bike. The bike comes with two round Mirrcycle bar-end mirrors.

http://i.imgur.com/vlQxl.jpg

http://imgur.com/9WV4u.jpg

Bike has been SOLD.

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 8, 2011

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
CRG Arrow mirrors

These were attached to my K5 SV650, which I have up for sale. My other SV already has mirrors. They don't fit my Ninja 636, as they need 7/8'' handlebars/clipons to latch upon.

They are less than 2 months old and in great shape.

VERY HIGH QUALITY MIRRORS, marvelous and intricate mirrors. Each mirror has like 90 individual parts. You can position them as you want. They were great on my SV for tucking into a tight space. My SV had to reside with four other bikes in the same carport.

Just no longer need them anymore.

$125 with shipping. They were $185 new.

Sold!

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 16, 2011

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
See the last picture - I particularly like using one mirror vertically like in that pic, on one side and the other side of the bike, horizontally. Yup, definitely useful, and better than the other bar ends I've tried (CRG round mirrors and bicycle round mirrors).

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 5, 2011

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
I have a pair of XL size Scorpion Savannah riding pants. They were tried on once by my gf, and then never wore since. Never rode with them. They got great reviews on Motorcycle-Superstore.com.

$130 SHIPPED!

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Indeedy I do.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

the chinaman posted:

Is that $125 shipped?

with shipping, they're like 8 ounces each.

also have one internal mount adapter - mounts to 'internal end of smooth bore, hollow handlebars with i.d. as small as 12mm .475" and as large as 19mm .750"'

$7 for that one if needed.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

cluck1000 posted:

Are these ladies' pants? I doubt I could rock an XL but I really like the looks of em!

they're deemed ladies' pants. My girlfriend, who's like 5'8'', got 'em. but she has a ghetto booty :ssh: and couldn't fit in them cuz of that. They're the right length for her though.

Motorcycle superstore says, "Sizing runs a little small. You may want to order a size larger than normal and use the pant's adjustment features to customize the fit to your needs."

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 24, 2011

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Pics of the CBR1000?

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Does anyone have any non-vented riding gloves that they want to get rid of? I need cold weather gloves but I would rather put my money into another CA goon's pocket... looking to spend $10-50.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Large, generally.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Thought I'd go ahead and post this here. So far I've gotten bids from squid friends (which noodly appendages I don't want to release my bike into) and I'd rather see it go into the hands of a more responsible rider.

I'm selling this bike cuz I want a bike with handlebar and more torque at lower RPMs.

2005 Ninja ZX-6R. In pristine condition. Bought it with 11.5k miles at the start of August. Right now it has 13,500 miles. I am not riding this bike much now, with the advent of cold weather, and desire to have it sold off by springtime.

Mods: 14t front sprocket (new), Jardine slip-on exhaust, K&N air filter, Power Commander, tinted windshield, fender eliminator.

Front tire: Battlax BT014, with good life.
Rear tire: Battlax BT016, installed beginning of August.

Maintenance:

- Oil change done over the summer at a m/c dealership.
- Brake fluid flushed recently.
- Chain cleaned every 400 miles, lube sprayed on often.
- The chain and stock sprockets were inspected recently, before I installed the new front sprocket, and they are in excellent condition.
- There is a very slight leak from the valve head gasket, which I discovered two weeks ago. I've been keeping my eye on the oil level, and it looks fine.
- I was originally planning on doing a valve adjustment early and swapping the valve head gasket for a new one, along with tightening the cam chain tensioner as the bike has that "Kawasaki tick."

Goon price: $3700

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
I have a belly pan for the 1st gen SV650. It came with the purchase of my new SV, off the bike. Just posting for feelers.

It is this pan:

It was pretty dirty and had some duct tape on it, to cover up one gash and a hole. It looks like its been down, a low slide. I cleaned it up, still have to take off the duct tape residue.

Sold!

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 18, 2012

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Since they go from $250 to $530 new (unpainted from JMV, holy poop!), how does $120 sound? Along with shipping, which is like $15 via parcel mail. This thing defies the length of my zillions of boxes in the basement, so I'll have to hunt around for something to pack it up nicely in. I'm just selling it because I need to have balancing funds for the electrical poo poo going haywire on my new SV. :argh:

Here's another SV with the same pan:

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
I have a brand new Bikemaster Daytona handlebar that I'd like to offload since I'm not gonna use it as I had planned. It was gonna go on my gf's SV but she now prefers to keep the Coerce handlebar already on there. It makes riding way more comfortable especially if you're tall like me, and is GREAT for city-riding. I already have a Daytona on one of my SV650's and it rocks.

Specs:
29.2'' width, 5.36'' rise, 3'' pullback

The Daytona on my SV650:

I got it at my door for $29. Just throw me an offer.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Sure. You can cut up to an inch off both sides of the Daytona, I think, if you plan to do some more narrowing. Do some googling around SVrider about it.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
I'm sacrificing my size-L Scorpion All-In Jacket, need some more cash.

Information on this jacket at:
http://www.amazon.com/Scorpion-All-In-Jacket-Large-Silver/dp/B001ACFWAU

It's a great leather jacket. I flipped into the back of a pickup truck from 45 mph wearing an All-In jacket (not this one but a size XL; I replaced that one with this size L a month after the accident for more snugness). I was well-protected by the jacket. When you wear this thing, you certainly feel it too. Heavier than my leather Scorpion Stinger jacket. Has back, shoulder, and elbow armor inserts. Excellent condition. I didn't wear this much, thanks to the Scorpion Stinger I bought. Before I got the Stinger, this was my favorite jacket.

I'm asking $200 for the jacket plus shipping. It comes with an inner liner. It has zip-up vents on the sides in the back. Retail on this jacket is $400.

My scrawny self wearing the jacket:

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 21, 2012

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Did you intend to do a tuck and roll? It happened so fast for me. When I saw the truck float past the stop sign, I knee-jerkingly stood up on my pegs (and brake) and hunched over, and the perfect flip happened. If it was a SUV for both of us it would've been very different.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. $4k is a great price, hopefully it gets someone sane biting.

Ps why don't you like riding it anymore?!

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Hurrah, the ex-636 club expands forth. :unsmith:

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
2001 Suzuki SV650 w/ about 34k miles (need to check for precise number)

Reason for selling: it being GF's bike, she wants to use it to pay off some student loan debt.

The SV: http://i.imgur.com/Y4ob5.jpg

As I do with all my bikes, I made a G-Doc spreadsheet documenting the maintenance/repairs I've done to the SV.

The bike has a salvage title, from the frame getting scratched in a crash. Was a S model, converted to N.

The bike has a leak somewhere in the exhaust system, which developed recently. I didn't take more than a cursory look but it seems to be coming from the front header area. My current inference is that there's a need for a re-tightening of the front header pipe to the engine.

Other than that, the bike's mechanically rock-solid. Has a little bit of wear/tear as is customary for a 11 year old bike. Painted-black frame could use a bit of touch up around the front area. It's currently in heated storage.

Give me your offers. Located in Upstate New York.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
I've got my SV650 in Rochester up for sale - I actually bought it from some guy in Albany - but I'm looking for $1500 there. What is your definition of "heavily modified"?

It's got an issue with the exhaust system (a leak somewhere) right now, and could use a bit of cleaning up (new headlight, touch-up of the frame's paint job).

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 3, 2013