Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

redscare posted:

$1000 and its yours (or make an offer), CA registered until late August. Bike's in El Segundo, pics comin...

Whatup El Segundo goon. I'm right down the street in Hawthorne. Keepin my eye on this one, waiting for some pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Thinking about selling my 79' Honda CX500 Deluxe..

The Good:

There's not too much to it really, it's an old UJM with an ugly rear end super comfortable seat and clubman bars. If anyone is interested, I will clean the carbs and do the valves/cam chain tensioner before you buy it. It's got 28k on the clock and it runs pretty well the way it is right now.

The Bad:

It has an oil leak. From where, I have no idea. It's slow and kinda clumsy, but fun to ride nonetheless.

New stuff I bought, and old stuff you'll get:

I purchased 2 new blinkers, clubman bars, bar end mirrors, grips, shifter, levers and tail lights/plate lights, front and rear brake actuation switches, front master cylinder, harley sportster pipes and a new front tire.

You'll get, stock bars, mirrors, exhaust and anything else I can find.

This picture is the bike in it's current state, I have the side covers, they're just off because it's easier to work on it that way.

For goons, $700 will take her home, I'm also putting it up on craigslist for $1250 hoping to get a grand.

It has a clean title, is currently registered in CA (It's due, so it will be registered until Jan, 2012 and I'm in Los Angeles.

PM me or email aylesworth (at) google's mail service.

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 14, 2011

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

benwards posted:

Where are you located?
e: has it had the cam chain tensioner done?

Right, I'm in Los Angeles, and I haven't adjusted it yet, but i will when I do the valves/carbs.

As it sits now, it's not too noisy, but it wouldn't hurt.

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 14, 2011

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Parting out my 06 Triumph Daytona 675 as you may have seen the thread, but crossposting it here anyway:

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50698

Take 10% off of listed prices for goon discount.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Probably Hates You posted:

Even crashed that bike looks so nice. You've probably already answered it but do you have any ideas what you'll pick up next?

Another blingin' gold Daytona most likely :)

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

You guys actually met btw, so you've seen that bike in person when we rode to SB.

New page edit:
Daytona parts still for sale!

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50698

10% off asking price for goonzzzz.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Posting these up for a friend, who of course is negotiable on the prices, but not lowball status. All of his info is in the CL posts. I can only provide info about the bike and how it was ridden, because I never wore his gear.. but you get the point :)

Ducati Puma Riding Boots Shoes? Size 12: $80

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/2413985952.html

Alpinestars RC-1 Jacket Size 50US 60Euro: $310

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/2413981981.html

Alpinestars SVX-R Boots Size 12: $210

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcd/2413975069.html

Alpinestars GP-Pro Gloves Size XXL: $150

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcd/2413972449.html

And finally.. His 2009 R6 Raven with 2k miles: $8750 OBO

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/2413918241.html

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Selling the 78; XS1100. Not looking to part it out at all, everything I've done to it is listed below. Located in Los Angeles.

1k flat for goons, it's a nice bike :(

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/2610137850.html

Craigslist posted:

The good:
It has both side covers and all emblems
There's not a single dent or scratch anywhere on it, it's never been down.
Garage kept since 82!
It was stored DRY since 82'
It's registered non-op until 2012
It turns over fine
Has a new battery
Has all new fuel hoses
Has new pilot screws
Carbs were cleaned about 2 months ago
Factory owner's manual is with it
Stock handlebars, sissy bar and backrest come with it.
Seat has no tears
It ran before I cleaned the carbs, albeit for about 6 seconds before it started dumping fuel into the airbox due to stuck floats and clogged jets.

The bad:
No title, have Bill of Sale from ORIGINAL OWNER
I called DMV to see how much it would be to get it streetable again, $181
It leaks fuel from the petcocks, but I have the petcock rebuild kit just haven't done it yet

All in all it's a super clean bike and I just need to get rid of it. As much as I'd like to fix it up and ride it for a while, I don't really see myself doing that at this point. Please no lowball offers because I know that I could simply fix the petcocks, get it registered and make $2000 off of it easily. Just consider teh $600 discount for labor of petcock rebuilding and the $181 it will take to bring it out of non-op and registered ready for the street. If you know bikes, this is an easy project.

Full Size Pictures:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6121/5981472539_45d0373cf8_b.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6148/5981472625_7ded965034_b.jpg

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Selling this as I no longer need it: SOLD SOLD SOLD

Cardo Scala Rider Teamset!

Read more about it here:
http://www.amazon.com/Cardo-Systems-Scala-Teamset-SRTS029/dp/B0012TR7Y0
Or Here:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/13/116/11904/ITEM/Cardo-Systems-Scala-Rider-Teamset.aspx

Comes with two communicators, driver and passenger. The driver one does A2DP bluetooth for music, phone, whatever, and the passenger one can listen in on all of the above if needed. They are really built for rider/passenger communication but BotchedLobotomy and I used them as a poor man's bike to bike intercom.

They work well within 25 feet or so, so you have to ride pretty close to your buddy for them to work. No complaints about the audio quality or connectivity.

$100 to your door.

Retails for around $180 - $200 usually

Comes with two communicators, mounts, tandem charger and boom mics. Also comes with one 3.5mm headphone plug in case your ghetto rear end phone doesn't have bluetooth but you still want to listen to music. Or use an ipod or something that requires a cord.

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 13, 2011

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Time to give up the daytona for a street triple. So if you know anyone that has one, pass the word on. Or if you have one, please ride it out here and give it to me. Thanks.

I've not decided to edit grammar in this post, deal with it, copied from my original which I did not bother to proofread.

Soooooo.. I have this Daytona that's just collecting dust for the most part. I made the mistake of buying a supermoto and now I'm hooked on the upright seating position. If anyone wants a Daytona and has a Speed/Street Triple I'd be glad to swap ya.

I'm in West LA, LAX area and I'm free basically any time if you want to come check out the bike. Just let me know first because it's dusty :)

DISCLOSURE:
I had a 2007 previously and wrecked it, this is the replacement. The tank on this bike was on my 2007, but is unscathed. The right lever has a tiny bit of rash on the end, nothing a little black paint won't fix. the engine slider is a bit chewed up (re-used it on this bike). This bike has never been down though, and you can come check it out to prove it!

Info about the bike:
13,XXX or 14,XXX I have to look.
2008 Daytona 675, Clean title.
2007 SY Plastics and tank (bike was originally black)
ASV Levers
TechSpec Snakeskins
Front + Rear Axle, Frame, Swingarm and Engine Sliders
Triumph Tank Bag
Stock Exhaust (Aftermarket will be removed and sold, unless you wanna pay throw in a little cash)
Extra Windscreen
Daytona 650 Mirrors (Longer stalks)
Stock Levers (I think)
Triumph Gel Seat

A little about the maintenance:
Tires are fairly fresh, got like 4k UNABUSED miles on them. This bike is used as a commuter (hence the supermoto 250)
I've owned the bike since 11k miles, since March of 2011.
Valves checked and adjusted at 12.5k
Oil changed when I got it and again at 13k
Brake fluid flushed at 12.5k with valve adjustment

I'm not looking to sell the bike straight up because I need something that's a bit more freeway worthy if I want to take a trip or go on a ride with my buddies that have 600s, my lowly 250 isn't great at keeping up on the highway.

Here's the only pictures I have, but I can take more on request.

There's a very small scrape on the left side of the tail piece from where the PO scraped it against his garage.

Here's the bike with it's ORIGINAL 2008 plastics:

Here's the bike as it sits now,although it has the tank pads on it now:

And a vanity shot at the beach :)

You can send me a PM, reply to this thread or if you want to, give me a call or text at 831 915-1900

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Xovaan posted:

God drat that's a nice bike. If it wouldn't rape me for insurance costs (and bike costs) I'd totally bite. My friend's brother has a Triple after having an R6 and hasn't looked back. You'll have a blast with it. :)

Out of curiosity, how much did you want for it? Unless I'm completely blind and retarded and can't read. :downs:

Sanchezz posted:

I'm not looking to sell the bike straight up because I need something that's a bit more freeway worthy if I want to take a trip or go on a ride with my buddies that have 600s, my lowly 250 isn't great at keeping up on the highway.

I'm not lookin to sell it at the moment, maybe if I can't find a trade for a Street Triple, but I'll probably wait until Summer when I can gouge the price up a bit.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Posting this up again because I need it out of the (parent's) garage. It's not even my bike!

My buddy just wants to get rid of it at this point.

1978 XS1100, Macho Maroon, great condition. It had been stored by the original owner since 82 or 84. It was stored dry, drained of all fluids. We added oil, gas etc. to get it started but poo poo wasn't working.

Did not run when we got it.

Things we've done:
New pilot screws
Cleaned carbs
New Air Filter (stock)
New Fuel Lines

The last time I tried to start it the petcocks were leaking, I have the rebuild kits. Theoretically this is all that needs to be done with it but my friend doesn't have time for it. I would take the bike off his hands, but.. here's the catch.

I have a bill of sale from the original owner, the 70 year old dude that bought it new. It's filled out on his part, but otherwise blank. It's registered non-op until later this year.

I called DMV, and it would be ~$190 to get it up to street worthyness. What you would have to do is contact the Original Owner, have him find the pink, or get a duplicate, or sign over a title transfer and go with him to the DMV to get it into your name.

Or if you just want it as an old school trackbike, this is perfect.

It has clubman bars on it, but comes with the stock bars as well as the stock backrest/luggage rack.

The bad:
It will need new tires and that's all I can think of.

$500 takes it, located in SoCal - West LA

As much as I'd like to keep it, I don't have room for three bikes and my car at my apartment.

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 17, 2012

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

It's gone!

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 3, 2012

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Sold 2/1/2012

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 3, 2012

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

What I want to know is why is it called 'The Dragger'

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

All the following will fit an 08+ WR250R/X.

This HID, it's from DDM tuning, it's the dual filament for hi/lo. Will also work with other bikes that have the same bulb, but I forget what type it is :downs:
$45 shipped

Front and rear axle sliders, never crashed on but they might have some gouges from when my bike got sandwiched against my car.
$45 shipped

Acerbis universal handguards, will probably fit other bikes, but they're yamaha blue. Comes with hardware and bar clip thingies. I had them on ProTaper EVO bars with the big bar holder thingies. Never crashed, but definitely have some scratches from the boom boom.
$60 shipped

PM or email at aylesworth at google's mail service.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

SaNChEzZ posted:

All the following will fit an 08+ WR250R/X.

This HID, it's from DDM tuning, it's the dual filament for hi/lo. Will also work with other bikes that have the same bulb, but I forget what type it is :downs:
$45 shipped

Front and rear axle sliders, never crashed on but they might have some gouges from when my bike got sandwiched against my car.
$45 shipped

Acerbis universal handguards, will probably fit other bikes, but they're yamaha blue. Comes with hardware and bar clip thingies. I had them on ProTaper EVO bars with the big bar holder thingies. Never crashed, but definitely have some scratches from the boom boom.
$60 shipped

PM or email at aylesworth at google's mail service.

Still have this stuff, take $10 off the price of everything if you want it.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Did you ever find out what bulb type the HID uses?

It's an H11 5000k, dual filament

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

axia posted:

Any idea if the handguards would fit a DRZ400?

They're universal, so yep you're all good. They'll fit most standard bars and fat bars.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

axia posted:

Ok. Im out of town until next Saturday, if you still have them by then, I will probably take them off your hands. However, don't hold them for me or anything...

Okie dokie, you're the first to inquire, so I doubt they'll be going anywhere. I don't have them listed elsewhere :effort:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Who makes the axle sliders? Are they universal or for the WR specifically?

They're made by T-Rex Racing, and they say they're specifically for the WR, but I find that hard to believe. I could measure the lengths of the threaded rods if you want, that's all it is.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

The front one is 13" total, with a non-threaded center of 10.5" on the rod. With the pucks on and the nuts threaded halfway onto the threads the space between them is 9.5" (adjustable to about 8.75" - 10 if you thread all the way on)

For the rear the total length is 15" with a non-threaded center of 12.25". With the pucks on and the nuts about halfway threaded, there's 11" between them, adjustable to about 10"-13". (yes, I hosed up the paint below and put 10-11.5)

Check the MSPaint

Also, the diameter of the front rod is 5/16" and the rear is about 3/8" I don't have calipers, so poop.

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 2, 2012

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

35 on those? I'll bite. Whats ur paypal broseph

e: did you ever sell the HIDZ as well?

I did sell the HIDs to Gnaghighiighi, paypal is aylesworth at google's mail service. Be sure to include your shippin' whereabouts!

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Youve got paypal.

Thanks, all you goons have the same name.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

LOL @ ur shipping label. The FedEx lady was even all "are you.....ceefiz......cee.....ceephus?". I had to explain that it was a joke. An Internet joke.

Well you were almost Dr. Ceephus [last name] III Jr. Esq. D.D.S.

Glad it made it there, do they fit?

P.s. I am not Marla, that's our receptionist.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

They do fit, I had to do some jimmying around with the sliders to get a combo that would work, I'm running one from the rear and one from the front in the front with the front threaded rod. For now I'm only going to run the fronts, as I have spools in the rear that double as sliders.

You'd never know by looking at them that they werent meant for a DRZ

Also, that was some grade A packaging, and I did have to blow my nose as soon as I opened the package, so that was handy. A+++++++ WOULD BUY FROM AGAIN

Awesome. Marla (receptionist) was like, wait you're not putting any kind of packing material in there? *insert one tissue*

Glad they worked out for ya, they're pretty top notch. IIRC the set of those and the engine sliders was in the neighborhood of $150.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Do it.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

Hey guys, long time no talk. Looking to possibly trade the DRZ.

I have a very nice '07 DRZ 400SM with street wheels, dirt wheels, a 5 gallon IMS desert tank and the stock tank. The bike is 100% stock (except for the desert tank) and has been well maintained with regular oil changes and a brand new master link chain. It has around 10500 miles on it and runs very strong. I have the pink slip for it and I'm considering trading it for a good 2 up touring bike. I'm looking at Goldwings, Concours's, V-strom (liter), harleys, Victory and other long distance oriented bikes capable of 2 up riding. I'm not really looking to sell, but I might if the price is right. I'm looking for well maintained bikes, no rust buckets please.

This is the Supermotard model and has the inverted forks with adjustable front and rear suspension. Both set of wheels have brand new rubber on the rears with about 1k miles left on both fronts. I have really enjoyed this bike and have put the last 4k miles on it myself, but my wife wants to ride with me and it's just underpowered and uncomfortable for long distance 2 up riding. The bike is mechanically sound and just got a check up by Sikmoto in San Luis Obispo along with a new rear. The registration is current and up to date, this is my commuter and see's regular use on the road as well as some weekend riding in the mountains.

What happened to you, also good luck with trade.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

kgibson posted:

Hey guys, I have a few things I need to sell, so I thought I'd see if there was any goon interest before I went the eBay route.

Dainese jacket, size 50 Euro / 40 US. I bought this new in March. Worn <20 times, kept in good shape. Has elbow / shoulder inserts but no back plate. Includes liner which isn't pictured. I don't recall the model name. I think $350 shipped would be reasonable based on the $500 MSRP and its condition.

Tourmaster Flex Pants, size S. Purchased from Fangs404 from this thread back in late March. I've worn them probably <10 times, and they're in the same condition they were in when I got them from him. Includes all the removable panels and liner and so on, and I have the bag of spare buttons somewhere as well. I paid him $130, I think, so I suppose $120 shipped is reasonable given the lack of significant wear since I've had them.

Shoei RF 1100 helmet, size M. Also purchased new back in March. It's a bit dirty but it's in excellent shape. I've worn it probably <20 times as well. Never dropped, dinged, etc. I have the original box and documentation as well. I'd let this go for $325 shipped.

Photos here: http://imgur.com/a/vizb5

Also, for any of you in LA, I'm going to be selling an '84 Honda VT500FT if there's any interest. I've just put a bunch of work into it, it's running quite well, and it's a damned awesome bike.

http://imgur.com/a/x23Kx

Dat bike :stare: how much would you be asking? Curiosity's sake...

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Gauging interest:

GoPro Hero1 with case and cables/booklets, and a couple sticky pads etc.

$125 shipped anywhere in the US.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

schreibs posted:

Its not too high? The last two people come to look at it told me they liked it but found bikes for nearly $500 cheaper.

I hope you told them that they were more than welcome to go buy those then.

And if they found others cheaper, why bother looking. Craigslist loves it's idiots.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

redscare posted:

I'm selling my XR1200(X). I've got it up for $8000 on CL, but I'll throw in luggage (I've got a Fieldsheer tank bag and a small nelson-rigg tail bag) as well as the factory luggage and bungee racks.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/mcy/3803952280.html

edit: pm me.

Aw :( what are you picking up? Also, we should hang out again!

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

I gotta say, that's almost CHOPPER CHOPPER RAKE ALL THE WAY TO STURGIS material.

:golfclap:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Location? You say to call or text you, but there's no phone number either :)

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Couple items for your triumph folks (and possibly others).

First up, gold anodized headstock nut thingy. $20 shipped to the lower 48.

Next up is a complete 2007 Daytona 675 wiring harness, including fuses, relays, OBDII port, ECU harness etc. $75 shipped to the lower 48.

PM or reply here I suppose!

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

We should totally do a collaborative goon vlog documenting how stupid drivers are. Do a vlog, pass it on.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Funny how that works, I've always said "test rides with cash in my hand" and the only time anyone has ever test ridden anything was when I sold the first CX, for $800.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Paging Dr. M42, Dr. M42, please respond to the FS thread.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

www.amazon.com posted:

I made a new ebay link for this item. I can also take payment through the sqaure payment app and will give an extra 7% off using this method.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201262602086?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thought there might be more interest in this item. Let me know if you don't think im offering a good deal on this. I don't have personal messages so you can email me at eatons(tensixtyseven)1067@gmail.com ignore the part in parenthesis.

Shipping is a little rough at $50 something, but the price for the helmet isn't unreasonable. I think part of the issue would be that if someone was going to spend $550 on a used helmet, they might as well spend $100 more for the new one, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

This is just a feeler, bike probably won't be available until May/June.

Due to my short commute, and the lack of desire to ride on weekends I'm going to put the Duke up for sale.

I've owned 18 months, and it still doesn't have 1000 miles on it, it's not fair to the bike, it needs a loving home!

Here's the details, there are few:
2013 KTM Duke 690
Purchased from Del Amo Motorsports in Manhattan Beach, CA June 2013
1st Service done at Del Amo Motorsports in Manhattan Beach, CA
KTM Powerparts Clear Airbox Cover
KTM Powerparts Engine Guards/Frame Extension Thingies
No-name Swingarm Spools
Acerbis Handguards

Asking $7500 for a goon, I am still making payments on the bike, but not riding it nearly enough (4 mile commute) which is why it's going. If interested, I will have to accept payment (you'll get the bike at this point), pay the balance and either have the title issued to you if allowed through FreedomRoad Financial, or receive the title in my name and FedEx it to you upon receipt. If you're from out of town and interested, I will 100% provide accommodations in beautiful Southern California for a fly and ride. By the time I'm ready to sell it, I anticipate it having maybe 1200 miles on it.

I'm not going to put it up on craigslist yet, so y'all got first crack at claiming dibs or whatever.

The bike is currently registered until June of this year. Comes with everything that it came with from the factory, yes that includes the combination spanner/bottle opener. I will also include, some saddlebags, a tailbag with a hosed up zipper, the rear stand and anything else I can think of that I won't need anymore.

These images are semi-recent, the license plate has never been on the bike for whatever reason, but I have it and that will be included obviously. Clean title, never been crashed, down or damaged in any way.

Questions, comments whatever, feel free to shoot me a PM or email me at aylesworth at google's mail service.

Bike is located in El Segundo, which is within spitting distance from LAX.