Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Selling a set of Dainese two piece leathers -- Jacket size 52 (euro), pants I believe are 56. Black, never crashed in, great condition with pretty drat thick leather. I don't know what exactly it is but comparing it to some Teknic gear I used to have that was 1.2mm I would put it at 1.4+. Full circumference zipper to connect the jacket and pants securely.

The jacket has a full length removable quilted liner that drastically increases the range of temps you can comfortably ride in. I've ridden in these from temps in the 90s (which admittedly was pretty godawful, the jacket is not perferated. The pockets act as vents though so as long as I was moving it wasn't completely nasty) to low thirties with a few layers underneath. I'm perfectly comfortable in the low-mid 40s with just a long sleeve shirt and some underarmor. If it's above 50 I take the liner out.

There's some pretty serious armor in the shoulders, elbows/forearms, and knee/shin. As I mentioned I have not 'tested' this armor but it seems like it would provide great protection in a getoff.

The cut is pretty generous -- the sleeves are forward rotated so it's comfortable on a sportbike but it's not a full race cut. I've ridden on a few different bikes (cb750, buell 1125r, cbr1000), all with different riding positions, and it's worked fine on all of them.

The main reason I'm selling these is they're just too big. For a size comparison I'm 6' at 168lbs with a pretty average build, and wear a size 40 (US) suit. The jacket fits me fine in the shoulders but is huge through the chest/gut. the length of the pants is fine (a little shorter wouldn't hurt) but they're just big all around, even with the velcro adjuster pulled all the way tight. I would say someone in the 200-220lb range at my height or a inch or two taller would be about perfect for this gear.

I'm going to end up getting a couple different sets of gear - a nice set of one piece leathers for trackdays and some textile gear for comutting/normal riding.

$450 shipped or reasonable offer (confirmed this price with the great gear guru z3n, seems like a pretty fair price).

Now with pictures!

Nice warm liner

Liner by itself, note full zip as well as snaps on the arms... it's very stable once installed in the jacket

Jacket w/o liner, the mesh keeps the leather off your skin and allows airflow

Closeup of mesh

Pants

Closeup of knee

Back of legs - perf'd panel on back of knee, lower leg zippers make it easy on and off

Whole thing.

If you've got any questions let me know.

needknees fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

needknees posted:

Dainese leathers

Price lowered to $415 shipped!

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

ohwandernearer posted:

what is your waist size?

I wear a 34 in pretty much anything, 33 in some jeans. Those pants would be ideal for someone who wears a 36 in normal jeans.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

needknees posted:

Dainese leathers

$400 shipped.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

OptimusMatrix posted:

I have a https://www.newenough.com gift card worth $334. They sell protective gear and parts and they're pretty competitive when it comes to prices and a great company to deal with. I sent in my helmet for a warranty issue and they just emailed me a gift card for the full price of the helmet. I no longer have my bike though so I have no use for a giftcard that is for motorcycle stuff. Make me an offer on it if you want it.

Got the cert, used it to order this :toot:. Thanks for the quick transaction OptimusMatrix!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

needknees fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 18, 2009

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

needknees posted:

Dainese leathers... again.

Ok. $350 shipped.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3236113

My closets are overflowing with gear something needs to go!

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

buildmyrigdotcom posted:

If you weren't so fat I'd buy your pants.

Eat some more christmas cookies! I wouldn't break the suit up anyway if you would have actually read the post you'd know they were big on me to begin with. That's the problem with buying sight unseen, it happened to me too. At least I'm being honest with how they fit and giving as accurate of sizing information as I can

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

TheFonz posted:

Hmm. Let me talk to the wife.

If you have any questions or want more pictures just let me know.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
mine mine mine mine mine mine

(if we can work out shipping and other poo poo)

Who cares if it's got a title if it's going to be a dedicated track whore? :q:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

PlasticSun posted:

Sure thing, just give me $4500 and I'll let you store for an even longer period if you'd like :)

Better yet just come down and take for a spin you know to just "see what it's like." That's how I ended up with it.

I passed your post along to a friend of mine. You're located in Colorado, right?

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Selling aftermarket stuff for 2008+ CBR1000RR (and the bike too if you're interested...)

Woodcraft engine case covers (both sides) $250 shipped for the pair
Vortex fully adjustable rearsets - $295 Shipped
Cox radiator guard (HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this if you don't have one!!!) - $50 shipped
Pitbull swingarm spools - $10 shipped
Bazazz Z-bomb timing recalibrator - $100 shipped
Throttlemeister heavy black powder coated throttle lock - $125 shipped.

Any questions or if you want pics let me know.

Edit: Also have a set of Woodcraft dual temp warmers that were used a whopping four times... might keep those around but would entertain offers.

needknees fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 28, 2010

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

hayden. posted:

Why are you selling the CBR? Don't like warp speed?

That's exactly why :). It's too much for any situation on the street, and too much for the track as well. After watching video of my last trackday it was blatantly obvious I was STILL leery of the bike. And for good reason, that thing is a goddamn beast. I had a "moment" of clarity a couple weeks ago as I was bombing down the interstate, and thought to myself "You're goddamn retarded."

So I went out and bought a KTM 625SMC :flashfap:

Tonight just reaffirmed the bike is too crazy for me.I finally got all the aftermarket poo poo off the cbr (save for the stator side engine cover, because that's a bitch, the frame sliders and undertail) and the tires changed. I took it for a little ride to make sure I got the wheels balanced correctly. It's WAAAAAAAAAAY too easy to go WAAAAAAAAAY too fast. But goddamn, it's nice to be able to cruise at 70 and have the bike be perfectly smooth and have an absurd amount of power on tap. The katoom shakes like a goddamn paint mixer at basically any rpm, and the way it's geared now 70mph is 65% of its max rpm.

The fact I was going through a rear DOT race tire in ~3 trackdays on the CBR didn't help either :v:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Tsaven Nava posted:

Quick note, I'll post photos eventually, but I'm getting deployed overseas for a couple years and am selling my '97 Virago 750 that I did my massive trip on. It has ~62k miles, I'm in Chicago.

Bike has new fork seals and stator, starts and runs perfectly. I know this place isn't big on cruisers, and even as UJMs go it's not the best, but I'm REALLY not asking much for it. $750 or something like that, whatever you think is fair.

"I'm never ever going to sell that bike"

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

benwards posted:

Want it, but winter is a hard time for a coast-to-coast fly and ride. :(

Just go south!

Content:

I bought a A* flex fit cap on a whim without trying it on. Of course I am retarded and bought the wrong size. It's too small. MY STUPIDITY IS YOUR GAIN! It's listed as a size 4-7. I cut the tags off, put it on my head, and said "gently caress." That's the extent of its wear.

$15 shipped?

I also have a Joe Rocket honda jacket, size medium I bought awhile back and have worn a whopping three times, just around town stuff. It didn't fit me very well at all, the chest/belly area was way too huge. It's got a zip in quilted liner but it's not terribly thick, would make a good jacket for someone in milder climates than the frozen wasteland Iowa turns into during the winter. I'll get real pics tonight but it's this model/color, and in essentially new condition.

$40 shipped?

JACKET SOLD!

needknees fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 5, 2010

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Korwen posted:

If the jacket is available still, I'm interested. I'll go try on a Joe Rocket Medium around here and see if it fits me. I'm 5'8" and about 190 (I know, I'll be losing weight soon hopefully) but I generally wear a medium shirt, so I think it'll fit.

Yep, still have it. For sizing info I'm 6' 165lbs, wear size 42 1pc leathers and it fit me fine lengthwise and through the shoulders, but was pretty big through the chest and stomach both. It honestly sounds like it'd fit you drat near perfect, maybe slightly long in the arms depending on how you're proportioned. Let me know :)

Edit -- just took some (lovely cellphone) pics!

It's seriously like new. I looked to see if there were any bug guts and saw none. Surely there's one or two on there but this is essentially a new jacket.

needknees fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 5, 2010

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Korwen posted:

Do you want paypal? you can e-mail me at username at gmail.com if you'd like, or PM me, or hit me up on AIM, whichever you prefer. I need a jacket, I live in a "milder" climate, that seems like it'll fit. And I'll look like a tropical starburst.

Payment received, jacket will ship out tomorrow morning :)

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Selling Sidi Vertigos, size 44 euro. Used but still in decent shape. My feet much prefer A*... gone to those for race, street, and dirt boots now.

$100 shipped!

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Can you get some pics to show wear?

This is from the end of july but they don't look too much different now.

I've worn them maybe a dozen times since I took those pictures. In the interest of full disclosure I did lowside in them (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3091384&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=23#post383520202 ) but turns out sliding on ice really doesn't do much damage! The right side boot has some scuffs on the side and it hit the vent button a little bit but it's still there and still works. There's a little bit of wear on some seams on the inside of the boots where my rearset heel guards got hooked on it but nothing serious. I've had them repaired before and it cost a whopping 11 bucks at a local shoe repair shop.

Overall they are a solid pair of boots that have a bunch of life left in them. I bought the things new almost exactly a year ago.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
I also wear a 10.5 :highfive:. The Sidis fit a little tighter than A*. I've tried on a pair of SMX5s and the 44 was almost perfect but verging on too big. My supertech's are 43s (and fit drat near like the Sidis but that particular boot runs big for A* according to a number of websites) while my Tech7s and ScoutWPs are both US size 10, which A* lists as 44.5 Euro... :confused:

So... they'll probably fit? I'll snap some current pics here in a bit.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
****SOLDSOLDSOLDSOLD****

BlackMK4 posted:

poo poo, my SMXes are size 45 euro so these might be a tiny bit too small :smith:
Maybe I can run over to cyclegear tomorrow and try some Sidis on because I will buy your boots if they fit me.

If your boots are a bit on the loose side they'll probably work. Trying some on would be the best though, Sidis seem to be narrower cut than A* which could be good or bad depending on your foot.

Here's the (slight) damage to the right boot. You can see the vent slider is ground down a little bit and one of the plastic armor pieces up above it had a slight weight reduction:

Inside of the right boot. Stitching of the armor piece near the zipper needs attention if you cram your foot into the rearset heel guard like I apparently do :( :

needknees fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 3, 2010

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

IAMKOREA posted:

According to my bathroom scale, they weigh less than 4 lbs which means it can ship for 13.25 USD. If the USPS scale disagrees, the next cheapest seems to be 45 USD for shipping which is probably too much. Hows 88 USD sound?

Of course I would also trade them for a ride from Heathrow to Luton on May 19 if you're in London!

If Saga doesn't take it I'll do $75 plus shipping to 50023 :)

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Selling my 2006 625 SMC. I'm the second owner, the bike has ~7500 miles, clean & clear title in hand, reliable and a complete freakin riot to ride. Completely street legal, with a street title. Only mods are an upgraded front rotor (EBC) and Vesrah brake pads. Tires (Contiforce SM) are in good shape, replaced the rear at the beginning of this year due to a puncture. Valves checked at the end of last year's riding season. Well maintained with frequent oil changes and chain maintenance. Bike has run Motorex oil since new.

This bike is easily the most fun motorcycle I've ever owned or even ridden. It's truly a go anywhere, do anything bike. It's PERFECT for commuting and in town riding - you look over the top of most traffic, it's light and maneuverable, and has tons of squirt at reasonable speeds. Its long travel suspension soaks up potholes or anything else you might encounter. With no changes this same bike that's such a competent in town bike can hold its own on the racetrack. I've taken it to a couple trackdays and was surprised at what it could do... and more importantly, how much freakin fun it was to ride!

Light offroading is also possible.

Gravel? No problems!

Only reason I'm selling this outstanding bike is because I'm smitten its big brother... the 690SMC! I pick one up in a week or so!

Looking for $4500, located in central Iowa. Can help deliver within reason. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!

needknees fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 24, 2011

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Z3n posted:

What size? I need one :)

Why?!?!? For when it drops below 68F? :v:

Sound Mr. Brown I would be seriously interested (and live in a climate where heated gear actually makes sense!) but would much rather go with a full liner over a vest. Still might have to jump if you have it around after awhile.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

schreibs posted:

I was going to get this until I saw how small it was

Codpiece bag :stare:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
For sale is my 2009 KTM 690 SMC supermoto. I am the second owner of this bike and purchased it with just over 1100 miles on the odometer. Current mileage is 5500 (increasing as I commute to work). The bike has been meticulously maintained with oil changes ever 1300-1500 miles, using the correct Motorex 10w-60 synthetic oil and genuine KTM filters. Last oil change was June 6th, @ 5370mi. Overall condition is excellent, with only minor scratches from normal use. Bone stock with the exception of tires.

Tires are nearly new (changed ~500 miles ago) ContiAttack SM, a supermoto specific tire with incredible traction.

Included with the sale are the following (not installed):
KTM Euro LED tail light
KTM Euro plate holder
KTM enduro skid plate
Stock passenger pegs
Alternate color plastics (front/rear cowl, fender)
Front and rear heavy duty tubes
Factory KTM owner's manual
KTM tool kit and owner folio

This 690 SMC is one of THE BEST motorcycles I've ever owned or ridden. With its upright seating position, tons of leg room, and tall stature it's perfect for in town riding! You look over the top of all cars and most SUVs/pickups. Fuel economy is outstanding - I average 57mpg and have seen as high as 74mpg when riding in Colorado. The Brembo brakes and stock equipment braided steel lines are absolute anchors, providing great stopping power with no fade. Brake fluid was changed out with Motul RBF600 last fall.

You will NOT find a more fun or more versatile bike to ride!

Located in central IA. $6500.

Edit: I have a Giant Loop Moto Coyote saddlebag we can discuss. Here's the bike loaded up for an overnight trip

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Christoff posted:

Just gotta say that's a drat good deal. Check Craigslist and no one is asking less than 7-8k which is bs and the lower priced ones have body damage or 25k miles

It's not 100% perfect by any means (because I actually ride it! Even on gravel) but it's in drat good shape. There's a few scratches here and there and it was lowsided once by yours truly. Only evidence of the crash left are some scuffs on the right peg and throttle cable housing.

That's the 'no bullshit get it gone' price lol. I've had it listed on a few forums for a month or so at 7k and have only had a few nibbles, nothing serious. Central Iowa is not exactly a hotbed for sumo riders, so local sale is not likely.

GOON SPECIAL! buy this fucker at my asking price and I will give you that GL Coyote shown in the second pic. They're nearly 400 new.

needknees fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 7, 2014

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Great deal on some nice leathers! Selling my Joe Rocket Honda leathers. Solid construction, thick leather, fully perforated. Never been crash tested and in great condition.

Selling because they are a little short in the torso for me. I'm 6' 180lbs and they're snug in the chest/gut (they fit a hell of a lot better twenty pounds ago... :shepicide: ) with a Knox Contour back protector. Sliders have a little life left in them.

Pics

$350 shipped or $325 picked up. Located in central Iowa but I will be at ACC for the 8/2-8/3 weekend.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

needknees posted:

Great deal on some nice leathers! Selling my Joe Rocket Honda leathers. Solid construction, thick leather, fully perforated. Never been crash tested and in great condition.

Selling because they are a little short in the torso for me. I'm 6' 180lbs and they're snug in the chest/gut (they fit a hell of a lot better twenty pounds ago... :shepicide: ) with a Knox Contour back protector. Sliders have a little life left in them.

Pics

$350 shipped or $325 picked up. Located in central Iowa but I will be at ACC for the 8/2-8/3 weekend.

Price update 275 local, 300 shipped.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Probably a long shot but figured it was worth throwing on here.... Trying to help my uncle sell his bike.

For sale - 2006 HD Road King. This cruiser is nearly mint and has done under 7100 miles. Single owner bike, purchased new at The Barn in Des Moines. Before even taking delivery the shop installed a HD 96ci big bore kit for more oomph. All maintenance was performed on schedule at The Barn. Brand new battery installed a couple weeks ago. Tires in good shape.

Also included with the sale is an extremely nice fitted Harley Davidson bike cover, two different HD soft side top cases (huge one for extended trips and smaller for weekend trips, or whatever you can't fit in the massive, waterproof stock side cases), soft inserts for the side cases, and a cooler insert so you can keep your favorite beverage chilled as you ride to your destination.

Other than the professionally installed big bore kit and a few nice accessories, this exceptionally low mileage bike is clean and mostly stock. A blank slate if you will... keep it this way if you want a great looking functional motorcycle, or go nuts with your own choice of personal modifications!

Asking $11,250. Title is clean, clear, and in hand.

Rides great, needs nothing, in near perfect shape. The only blemish is a small scuff on the right side pannier from an errant boot.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Chichevache posted:

Just to satisfy my curiosity, have those tires been replaced since he bought the bike?

I'll have to check out the date code but I highly doubt they've been changed. They're not weatherchecked or dryrotted but if it were my personal bike, I'd probably change em out. Not that a big touring bike is exactly a canyon carver but still...

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Up for sale is my 05 zx6r. Sad to see it go but I haven't had the time to make it to the track much the past couple years, time to move on. Never had more fun at the track than with this bike... Fast, easy to ride, and in great shape. Clear street title, wire harness intact and I have most of the street equipment (headlight, tail light, some bodywork) if you wanted to turn it back into a street bike. Current mileage is 12,3xx, but inaccurate due to gearing change. I would put the actual mileage somewhere around 9000-10k.

The bike has the following upgrades:
Power Commander with custom tune (dyno'd at 117hp to the wheel on 91 octane)
Dynajet quick shifter
Vortex rearsets
Vortex clipons
Vortex sprockets, -1+2
Full titanium 4-1-2 exhaust, sounds great
Two sets race bodywork (one in perfect shape, one rough)
Woodcraft case saver
JPR Performance machined levers
Vesrah brake pads (one day use)
Extra set of wheels
Hyperpro steering damper
ZX6-RR shock
Probably more stuff I'm forgetting...

Bike currently has q3s with one day use (wet morning, dry afternoon) so plenty of life left. Second set of wheels has gpa pros with a couple days on them.

Forks rebuilt by Farrell Performance with .95 springs and only have 3 days on the rebuild. Have heavier (1.1 I believe) springs that were installed by pervious owner that will go with the bike.

Will throw a set of Joe rocket leathers (size 42, never crashed) and a Knox Contour back protector in with the bike. I'm 6', 175lbs and these fit fine but were a little short in the torso.

Additional items, not included in price but could be negotiated with sale:
Pitbull Trailer Restraint System
Pitbull head lift stand
BRAND NEW never used Chickenhawk tire warmers
Midwest Industries powersports trailer with tire chocks and trs baseplate
Harbor freight tire changer with mojo blocks and mojolever

The bike runs great and I easily set all my personal best laptimes every track I ran it at. The trailer is easily towable by car and pulls great, even with two bikes. I used a Civic Si and Focus St to haul bikes all over the country and never had a lick of trouble.

Located in Urbandale IA. Asking $3650. Not interested in any trades unless it's a KTM 250 XCW in excellent condition. Please contact me with any questions, thanks!

CL link: https://desmoines.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2005-kawasaki-zx6r-trackbike/6255962588.html

needknees fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Aug 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Deeters posted:

Totally off topic, but if you've posted about your towing set up here before, I'd like to hear more. I just got a MK3 Focus and want to set up a trailer.

I think I did years ago in the trackday thread, lol. The trailer I have is a Midwest Industries (company that makes shor land'r boat trailers) powersports trailer. Doesnt appear they make them anymore, but it was amazingly well balanced and had a longer tongue than you usually see on small trailers. It originally had a gate, but I found the car handled it MUCH better with it removed due to significantly less wind resistance. I cobbled together a ramp that was long enough to have a easy push to the already low deck of the trailer. Before I got the Putbull TRS, I used harbor freight wheel chocks without the cross bars bolted to the trailer + a canyon dancer and plenty of straps. To allow for handlebar clearance I staggered em. Worked out awesome even for two wide handled dirtbikes.

With the Civic I got between 24 and 25 mpg, didn't really matter if I had two bikes or one. I did a rough figure on how many miles I towed bikes around with that thing and it was pushing 20k. I traded it on the FoST with 180k miles on it... And it still had the original clutch :monocle:. The short gearing was perfect for towing and didn't really need to drive it differently.

A pretty common thing to do is build a trailer kit yourself. Can buy them at most hardware stores, and I think HF has one too.

Regarding the ST's center exhaust, Curt hitches makes a unit specifically for the ST that loops underneath it. http://www.curtmfg.com/part/11350

Looked a little goofy and was pretty close to the ground, but worked great. The ST was a beast for towing, barely could tell the thing was back there.

If you're trailering your bike frequently, DEFINITELY look into the Pitbull trailer restraint system. No more dicking around with straps, no compressed forks, bike has full suspension travel while in transport, and it makes loading up at the end of a long track weekend a breeze.

needknees fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 10, 2017