Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Tour Master Decker Overpants. Size LG/36.

$100 OBO. SOLD.

Front:

Click here for the full 900x1200 image.

SA-Mart for more info:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3279561

Uthor fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 16, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

WTB

After about two years, I'm starting to admit my bike is probably too broke for me to fix myself, or at least I won't find the time to do it properly. So, I should probably just buy something new. I'm a little scattered with what I want, though.

A) A modern (fuel injected) 650 cc comfortable sport/touring bike. Versys, Ninja 650r, SV650, F650GS, etc. Willing to pay around $3,000 for something like this. I realize for this price, it will be an older or higher mileage bike, but I want something that runs and has a title.

B) Old UMJ for under $1,000. Again, something that runs and has a title. Doesn't have to be pretty, but I'd like something 450 cc or larger.

C) Crashed Vulcan or Ninja 500 who's engine I can transplant into my bike. I just care about the engine/trans, no title necessary.

I'm in Central Illinois and am willing to travel 3 hours or so for something. I'm also up in Chicago a lot, so going into southern Wisconsin or western Michigan is alright.

turkosza on the gmails.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Want to spend around $3k on a Bandit 1200? I'm in Milwaukee.

Honestly, I don't think I'd be comfortable on a bike with that much power.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

invision posted:

Yeah I think a lot of new riders have the misconception since they both get grouped in as "beginners bikes"

I rode my 500 for about four years and was about ready for an upgrade, but I haven't been on a bike in about two years, so I'm a little apprehensive about jumping onto something too powerful before getting my "sea legs" back.

After making my post, I looked online and see used engines going for around $500-700, so I think I'm going to go that route. Now just a to make sure which model years are compatible with my frame.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

WerrWaaa posted:

So my jacket is way too loving big. It's a Joe a Rocket XL. Anyone have something good in Medium for sale?

I think I have a medium JR jacket in my parents' garage (it might be a large? been a while since I wore it). It's been stored in a box for a few years now, so I'd have to dig it out and see what kind of condition it's in.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Seeing as the bike's been broken for a couple years now, I should unload some of the gear I'm not using. Prices negotiable.

Soft tail bag. Says Tour Master and Cortech on it. $25 shipped? sold!
Bag comes with shoulder strap and rain cover.

Attaches to the bike with some hooks and there's a soft pad to prevent scratching the paint.

Big soft opening. There's also a small zippered pouch on the front of the flap, a thin zippered pocket (for maps and the like) in the back, and two velcroed flaps on the sides.

Problem #1: one of the zipper pulls fell off. I replaced it with a high quality paperclip.

Problem #2: the zipper for the small pouch on the flap is coming off in a spot and should be sewed back on. But it still works well enough to keep the pouch closed and your stuff inside.

Two sets of gloves. $10 shipped for the black, $20 shipped for the white/gray, $25 for both? pending...
Black gloves. Cortech "Accelerator". Size medium. Hard knuckle guard. Perforated fingers.

White/gray gloves. Teknio brand. Size medium. Hard knuckle guard. Soft pad on the inside of the wrist. Perforated on the back of the hand, but not on the fingers (they get a little warm in hot weather). Definitely the softer leather of the two.

Joe Rocket jacket. Size 42. I wear size 16-16 1/2 shirts with 32"-34" long arms and this fits good over a t-shirt, but a little tight over a sweater. Comes with a quilted, removable vest for a bit of warmth and you can unzip panels in the arms/sides for some air flow. I find the panels let in some air even when they're zipped in, so it doesn't work too well in the cold. I have the padded back protector and elbow pads that came with the jacket. I replaced the shoulder pads with hard armor (I have the original padded shoulder pads). I also have hard armor for the elbows, but it is too big to fit in the pockets. If you wanted to try and trim the pads/modify the pockets, feel free. There's an 8" zipper and a 360 degree zipper to attach to pants. I have the mating 360 zipper to sew into a different brand of pants. $60 shipped?

Joe Rocket pants. Size 34. I wear size 34 jeans. These fit fine over boxers or a pair of shirts, good luck getting them on over a pair of jeans. Perforated all down the front and work great in warm weather, not at all if it's cool out. They have padded knee pads. The hard armor that I bought for the jacket elbows is supposed to also work as hard armor for the knees, but, again, the armor doesn't fit in the pockets. There's an 8" zipper and a 360 degree zipper to attach to a jacket. I have the mating 360 zipper to sew into a different brand of jacket. You can also stick wicked cool knee sliders on the front for throwing sparks when you get your knee down, if that's your thing. $60 shipped?

The jacket and pants zip together perfectly. I'll do both for $100 shipped.

If you don't want to pay for shipping, I'm Peoria, IL and head up to the Chicago area every few weeks. I can meet up anywhere between the two along 55, 39, 80, or 88 (Bloomington, Naperville, etc).

No Plat, but hit me up at turkosza at Google's email service.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 16, 2014

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Uthor - does that tailbag expand at all? Roughly how big is it?

Hey, sorry, someone emailed me and snagged it while I was at work.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

My friend would be super interested in that if you were in IL...

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Uthor posted:

Joe Rocket jacket. Size 42. I wear size 16-16 1/2 shirts with 32"-34" long arms and this fits good over a t-shirt, but a little tight over a sweater. Comes with a quilted, removable vest for a bit of warmth and you can unzip panels in the arms/sides for some air flow. I find the panels let in some air even when they're zipped in, so it doesn't work too well in the cold. I have the padded back protector and elbow pads that came with the jacket. I replaced the shoulder pads with hard armor (I have the original padded shoulder pads). I also have hard armor for the elbows, but it is too big to fit in the pockets. If you wanted to try and trim the pads/modify the pockets, feel free. There's an 8" zipper and a 360 degree zipper to attach to pants. I have the mating 360 zipper to sew into a different brand of pants. $60 shipped?

Joe Rocket pants. Size 34. I wear size 32-33 jeans. These fit fine over boxers or a pair of shirts, good luck getting them on over a pair of jeans. Perforated all down the front and work great in warm weather, not at all if it's cool out. They have padded knee pads. The hard armor that I bought for the jacket elbows is supposed to also work as hard armor for the knees, but, again, the armor doesn't fit in the pockets. There's an 8" zipper and a 360 degree zipper to attach to a jacket. I have the mating 360 zipper to sew into a different brand of jacket. You can also stick wicked cool knee sliders on the front for throwing sparks when you get your knee down, if that's your thing. $60 shipped?

The jacket and pants zip together perfectly. I'll do both for $100 shipped.

If you don't want to pay for shipping, I'm Peoria, IL and head up to the Chicago area every few weeks. I can meet up anywhere between the two along 55, 39, 80, or 88 (Bloomington, Naperville, etc).

No Plat, but hit me up at turkosza at Google's email service.

I also still have these. I put them up for sale in the fall, maybe the nice weather will make someone want to buy the set off me.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I wanted one of those so bad when I was still riding. Good luck.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Nitrox posted:

I'm looking for a pair of pants for cold and winter season. Have been wearing ski pants for the last 8 winters, think I should stop that.

Size 33 waist, 30 inseam. Let me know if you have anything.

I might. I'll be at my parents house this evening and I think I still have my old cool weather stuff at about that size. Been years since I wore it, so I gotta check the details.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Uthor posted:

I might. I'll be at my parents house this evening and I think I still have my old cool weather stuff at about that size. Been years since I wore it, so I gotta check the details.

I'm sorry, I was busy moving and forgot to look. My sis is moving first week of November and I'll remember to look then if you're still interested.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Nitrox posted:

Sure thing. No rush

Not sure if you are still looking, but I found my old Olympia gear. You asked for pants, but I would like to get rid of this as a set. No worries if that doesn't interest you.

Jacket is a size Medium. I'm 5' 9", probably 160 lbs, wear a slim 16 neck 32/33 arm dress shirt. The jacket fits a tad loose over a t-shirt, but there's adjustments to make it snug. Arms are a little long standing, I remember them being perfect on the bike. Comes down to the middle of my butt. I have the cold weather liner. Armor in the back, shoulders, and elbows.

Pants are a size 36 waist. I wear a 30x30 jeans. I think I wore 32" jeans when I used these pants. They fit loose over my jeans now and I could stand to take 2" off the bottom, but were okay zipped into the jacket and with a belt. There's a small hole in the front of the left leg and back of the right leg, I've never been down in them, I think it's a burn from the exhaust. Also have the cold weather liner. Pads for your hips and armor in the knees.

$150 shipped to a goon? I have no idea what they're worth, seeing $50-$150 for the jacket on eBay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I got one of these back in 2011 and it's still going strong after two cannonballs and like 10k miles on other bikes. Great jacket.

Probably about when I got mine. Putting it on made me miss riding motorcycles...