Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

Here comes the hurdy gurdy man.
They collected The Hamlet, The Town, and The Mansion into one volume:

http://www.amazon.com/Snopes-A-Trilogy-Modern-Library/dp/0679600922/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402333845&sr=8-1&keywords=snopes

Got through about 100 pages yesterday and it's just wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

Local used bookstore had some great finds. Went there looking for Farewell my Lovely and ended up picking up The Big Sleep and The High Window. loving Chandler has such a way with phrasing:

Raymond Chandler posted:

"How do you take your brandy, sir?"
"Any way at all."

Also filled out my Jane Austin collection which I had previously only owned on Kindle. Picked up Emma, Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice, and Mansfield Park.

Lastly, found a great collection of Chekhov's short stories. Can't wait to re-read "The Lady with the Dog."

Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

One Hundred Years of Solitude, Infinite Jest, and Books 4 and 5 of Knausgaard's My Struggle.

Knausgaard could write four hundred pages of what he ate for dinner the past year and I'd probably read it.

• Locked thread