Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
Most recent book acquisition was Bryce Courtenay's The Potato Factory. I was looking for something non-fiction about Australia and instead found this historical fiction trilogy about Ikey Solomon instead. About a third of the way though so far and it's pretty good, the writer does a good job at making you want to root for some really awful people.

3.141592653 posted:

Lolita.

Only on chapter nine, however, I fell in love with the writing style, the French, the story line.
Not quite sure the line of consciousness as is written is quite favorable, however. Reminds me of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance in how it would begin at point A and then end in Point D somewhere.

Lolita is one of my favourites. If you like Nabokov's train of though style and the surreal humour he interposes into his writing, definitely take a look into Pale Fire next if you find yourself craving for something else of that ilk after you're finished Lolita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread