Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Amazon have a lot of the British Library Crime Classics- books from the golden age of (detective) fiction on kindle unlimited. There are a lot of classic books caught up in unknown copyright, not yet out of it, purgatory, and the British library has done some sort of witchcraft and is slowly getting them out there. list so far https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/90356.British_Library_Crime_Classics I am reading the books on this list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm reading The Murder at Sissingham Hall by Clara Benson, because it was free. The only remotely interesting thing about this is the back story. They were released as "newly discovered manuscript from the 1920s" until the author decided to do a spin off series and confessed. Thing is, this is utterly poo poo, like it's written by the same person who write those nice books about nurses your Nan likes poo poo. I could have told them it was a scam from the first sentence. No matter how much casual racism you throw in you can't hide the fact that you clearly didn't have a classical 1900s education kids.

• Locked thread