Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
I just started (last week) Neil Gaiman's American Gods. Really enjoying it so far, almost finished.
http://www.amazon.com/American-Gods-Novel-Neil-Gaiman/dp/0060558121/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240325561&sr=8-1

I just bought the first book of the Dresden Files, Storm Front, haven't gotten a chance to start it.
http://www.amazon.com/Storm-Front-Dresden-Files-Book/dp/0451457811/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240325608&sr=1-2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

Xenix posted:

It's not nearly as grim

How far have you gotten?

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

Xenix posted:

Maybe two thirds to three quarters of the way through. Sure there are some parts such as learning he abandoned his wife and child, and then the child died but it's nothing like some of his other novels. I suppose there could be more coming. Don't ruin it for me!

edit: but it does have a ton of humor in it. I also like how McCarthy is in love with the word carom, too.

Yeah you're right, it's not as bad, I guess I just felt it was more real. My favorite line in the book is: "The crimes of the moonlight melonmounter followed him as crimes will."

Just finished American Gods, really enjoyed it.

Started Dresden Files book 1 last night. So far I really like the flow. I'm only a couple chapters in but enjoying it so far.

• Locked thread