Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack Frost
Jul 15, 2004

Daddy? Oh no...

Devi posted:

I started Necklace of Kisses by Francesca Lia Block last night after finishing all the YA Weetzie Bat books. I'm afraid I'm going to have a lot of trouble reading whatever I go to next unless it's more Block.

I read a whole streak of her books last year, one after the other, which is something I really try not to do. I started off with the Weetzie Bat collection and ended up buying a six or so of her other books used off Amazon and not surfacing for a while. It was fun.

Reading now -

Tom Robbins' Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas. I tried reading this before, but only made it about fifty pages in before I wanted to slap the main character in the face. She's materialistic, prudish, stuck up, ashamed of her friends and reviled at the office. She really is the antithesis of every protagonist I've ever read and enjoyed before. But, since I bought the book outright three years ago, I'm giving it a second shot and seeing it through to the end. And then I'm going back to the pile of Coupland I've got stacked on my floor.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Frost
Jul 15, 2004

Daddy? Oh no...
Reading John Marks' Fangland. Interesting premise but it took a while for the pace to pick up, resulting in me putting it down for a few days to read Douglas Coupland's Shampoo Planet. Now that I'm back to Fangland, it's really starting to move forward.

Jack Frost
Jul 15, 2004

Daddy? Oh no...
Just picked up Thirsty by M.T. Anderson, a YA novel about a teenaged boy with vampire issues, which is a quick, decent read and about the furthest from Twilight it could possibly get.

Also, The New Diary by Tristine Rainer with forward by Anaïs Nin, a nonfiction researching and suggesting new techniques for journalling.

• Locked thread