Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

thingfromtheswamp posted:

The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks. Quarter of the way through. Fast moving, at least.

I liked the first one... then the whole thing just got a bit ridiculous. I read the whole trilogy anyway. It felt like some of the characters in the end could just do whatever the hell they wanted with no real problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Ytlaya posted:

A Game of Thrones finally hooked me, after I had to force myself through the first 50 pages or so. I'm incredibly excited that I have so much reading ahead of me, particularly of what is commonly touted as the best fantasy series ever written.

Ya it took about 50 pages to hook me in. I think the third A Storm of Swords was one of the most enjoyable books I've ever read.

I've just started In Pursuit of Elegance by Matthew E. May. I'm about halfway through. It definitely has its ups and downs. Certain parts he drags out too much. Overall I think it's a pretty good book from what I've taken in to this point.

benisntfunny fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 24, 2009

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
Just bought and about half way finished reading High Heels and Dirty Deals by Brett Tate.

Holy poo poo it's funny. I was a little upset I couldn't find it in an eBook format but after getting the book I kind of understand why now.

• Locked thread