Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

Just started Neil Gaiman's American Gods. About 75 pages in and it's awesome so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

Stranger in a Strange Land, Robert A. Heinlein. Enjoying it so far, anyway.

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

City of Saints and Madmen by Jeff Vandermeer. Just starting it tonight!

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

Book of Lost Things by Jonn Connolly. About 100 pages in; seems interesting so far.

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

I picked up both The Anubis Gates, which I started last night, and Middlesex, which will likely be next up. Both were bought after reading positive reviews around the Book Barn, so I thought I'd give them a shot.

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

I just bought Finch by Jeff VanderMeer and Breakfast of Champions by Vonnegut. On top of that, I just started Perdido Street Station by Mieville and have been working through A Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan.

I'm drowning myself in books. :ohdear:

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

I found The Illustrated Brief History of Time/The Universe in a Nutshell by Stephen Hawking for $10 in my local Borders' bargain bin. It's hardcover and in absolutely fabulous condition.

Couple this with finding a brand new hardcover copy of The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene and a brand new trade paperback copy of The City and the City by China Mieville at Half Price Books for $7 apiece and I've had a pretty drat good book-finding week. :)

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

Just took advantage of the deal right now that Borders is running (buy 2 paperbacks get one free) to buy China Mieville's The Scar and Iron Council and Aldous Huxley's Brave New World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

Mentor: A Memoir by Tom Grimes upon recommendation by my advisor. It's fantastic so far.

• Locked thread