Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
Starting to read the Marcus Didius Falco books by Lindsey Davis. I finished Silver Pigs, which was a re-read from about twelve years ago when I had an Ancient History class and it was required reading. Now I'm on to Shadows In Bronze. The Falco books are detective stories (he's called an "informer") that take place during the reign of Vespasian in Ancient Rome, and Falco ends up working for the Palace. They are quick reads, the stories are good and there's a lot of stuff about everyday life in Ancient Rome during the first century AD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
I'm currently reading The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson, written around 1950. It's basically about a working-class American's rise to become a cardinal in the Catholic Church and his daily trials and tribulations. I'm only 11% in but am enjoying it so far.

• Locked thread