Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BetaTested
Nov 27, 2006

So, there's been alot of discussion in the thread, but a whole lot of it is still going over my head.

As a hobby this seems like it would be a really kickass thing to get into. I'm really tempted to get a Traxxas Slash and just go nuts in the empty land around my University which is across the street from me.

However, I'd really also like to get something that would be really capable on-road. The drifting videos that are a dime a dozen on YouTube really appeal to me, and I'd love to be doing something like that.

I went down to the Hobby Lobby in my town, but they didn't have any Slashes, and I never got a chance to talk to the guy behind the counter in the half hour I spent oogling the stuff they did have. He was busy helping 2 other guys. I did spy a Losi XXX-S something or another, and that looked more like something I would enjoy. Brushless 4wd with a proper street car body.

But anyway, I was just fishing for some good suggestions for On-Road RC, weather it's eletric or nitro. I know that the brushless motors are super pimp now with the LiPo batteries from all the talk in this thread about them, but I'm not terribly biased one way or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU