Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
How do the suspensions and setups on these things compare to cars? That one open wheel car above seems to have some serious toe-out in the front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Does anyone want to unload the equivalent of an RTR kit? A friend and I are planning a Memorial day bbq, and we thought it'd be fun if we set up a aggro crag type course in his backyard and had people take turns running it with an RC car.

The crappiest running 4x4 electric would be ideal, I'm hoping to spend <$100 on this. I realize a lot of the cars are geared to run fast, but there shouldn't be a problem with having a gentle trigger finger and using the car to scamper up some fake rocky hills right?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I got a Traxxas Rustler for giggles (making my own Oscar Meyer RC Wienermobile). Is the default way to charge it really to plug up to a 12V DC car adapter thing? Is it just cheaping out on the manufacturer's part not to ship with an AC adapter? I guess it would have to be fairly beefy.