Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
Couple of years back I spent a winter racing (and repairing) (ok mostly repairing) a 7-cell somethingorother buggy. I never once finished a race - always ended up crashing out. The experience sucked so bad that at the end of the season I sold off the car and all supplies for a song, and swore off R/C cars FOREVER.

Fast-forward 10 years. One of the guys in my flying club showed up with a T-Maxx. I drove it once and was hooked again, hard. Bought a regular T-Maxx and started modifying... .25 motor, stretched chassis, lots of aluminum, etc.

One more guy git a T-Maxx, then another clubmate got a Revo, another guy got a Menace.

Then someone brought a nitro buggy... *poof* we all got one.

It got ridiculous towards the end. As a racing group we'd collectively go through a two-and-a half cases of fuel and a couple of sets of tires each weekend.

Then the nitro shortage hit and we all went back to flying.

Reading this thread almost convinces me to pull my truck and buggy out of storage. Almost.

buttcrackmenace fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 29, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hypnolobster posted:

Nope.

Well, you won't have as much fun on tarmac with, say, a Traxxas Revo or other big almost monster truck or something as you will with something lower and race-oriented like a Losi XXX series, Associated B44, Tamiya DB01/501x or even a Traxxas Slash.

We had a lot of fun racing our trucks in the parking lot behind the local Home Depot. We'd set up a road style course, swap on cheap tires and reinforced bodies (strengthened with Goop & plastic screen mesh) and made lots of noise. :)

Sprinkling sand over the corners == DRIFT MADNESS.

Racing the buggies on the same course was faster, a lot less challenging, and not as much fun. Go figure.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Where the engine normally sits is a gigantic brushed electric motor.

Why not brushless ?