Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Why are there so many 4WD remote controlled cars? Seems like it would add a bunch of expense, but I guess it is very hard to countersteer from the third person perspective.

Are pretty much all the 'racing' RC car chassis 4WD?

I'm hunting down local model shops that will offer the HPI Cup Racer - although I suspect that since I won't be running it very often, I should instead try to locate an unmoving scale model of a 240Z.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Is there somewhere like rcmart but for Canadians? I'm not really into paying $55 to ship a $200 item.

The Tamiya WRC2008 STI looks like fun, along with that Brat or a Cup Racer 510, but the shipping cost is enormous. I haven't gotten around to checking my local hobby shops yet to see if they have Cup Racers, though.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I got one of those Tamiya Micro Terrain Titans the other day - I think it's a Grasshopper, but I didn't have a picture reference on hand at the toy store to pick it up. The suspension is pretty impressive - it seems like it can do camber, caster and toe, and the rear trailing-arm suspension is pretty decent as well (though I had to snap the axle back in when I took it out of the package).

Interestingly, the little manual that comes with it tells you how to swap out the motor, but it cautions you that it only works with that exact Micro Terrain Titan and not to swap in any other motors. Sure, Tamiya. I'll get right on not upgrading the motor of a car that weighs less than a single AA.

I got this one, which doesn't seem to look anything like a Grasshopper in retrospect. I know they had a Hornet as well at the store, and there's a blurry picture of another kind of car on the back of my package, but they didn't have it in stock.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I actually have a BitCharG Supra, and my younger brother has an NSX that he managed to ruin one of the wheels of, so some spare tires/axles would be neat. Is that bugeye Subaru for sale?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I hope you have a carrying case with little scale cinder blocks to hold it up. :3: