Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dalabast
May 18, 2009

by hoodrow trillson
Way back in the 80s and early 90s in another life. I was a 'professional' remote control racer :jerkbag: i was sponsored by 'TQ' and 'Litespeed'. They are long gone.

I had a few racers to compete in different events, A Losi JRX-pro, a rc-10 worlds edition back when it was a gold tub and we just switched from the old 6 gear rear to the prototype stealth transmission, a heavily modified YZ-10 for 4wd events, and a RC-10L for pan events. and a Clodzilla 3 for monster truck events.

in the middle 1990s it was all about touring cars, Ta-01s ta-02s, later HPI, and TA03s was the end of my career.

In my twilight years I'm more of a static builder.

just some of my crap, stop now or you will sacome to addiction.

my house is a hobby shop basically. Most of my early sponsored racers are gone, i sold some of them off to buy newer cars and my Losi and YZ-10 were on loan due to prototype parts so i had to give them back, later i bought updated models to continue racing on my own locally

dalabast fucked around with this message at 06:52 on May 24, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dalabast
May 18, 2009

by hoodrow trillson
yup the rough rider is coming out again kit #58441

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58441

they speculate the Sand scorcher will be next.