Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nerobro posted:

For the record, the turbo racing 1/76th scale cars? Do it. You absolutely won't regret driving around your breakfast in the morning.

Thanks for this recommendation, I watched a couple youtubes on them and there will be a couple drift cars under the xmas tree this year for my kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Kiss your hubs goodbye, but if you have the motor for it, it'll be fun until they go.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I was gonna mention that, but I don’t know what motor you’ve got. Yeah, if you don’t have a low KV enough motor, you’re gonna burn it up unless you crawl around at walking speed, which sort of defeats the entire purpose.

In general if you have a motor sized to drive those small tires, it’s not gonna be happy driving 200% larger tires.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I got my kids the TC03 1:76 drift cars for Xmas and they’ve already run like 10 charges through them.

Getting them dialed in took a little doing but once they were set they drive really well

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Both of my kids did the same thing for a while when they were young. They’d get the car far away from them and rather than just drive it back, they’d go get it.

I think it’s just a stage kids go through where they forget that they can just drive it back.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I know nitro is loud, it’s messy, the engines are picky and can be short lived, they’re a pain in the rear end to start and break in and adjust and tune.

But god dammit if they don’t look cool as hell.

My inner child who grew up when battery cars were a complete joke is still deeply impressed by nitro cars.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Watch the heat with heavier oil though. When I raced regularly, I used to run heavy oil in my Slash to try to combat wheel spin in the corners and the diffs would get HOT

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I was always jealous of the carpet guys because they didn’t have to clean their cars afterwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nerobro posted:

... but you do. The fuzz accumulation can be hilarious.

I always assumed you could blow it away but now that I think about it any accumulated grease or oil would glue the fuzz down for sure.