Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScaryFast
Apr 16, 2003

I should get into this. I live about 5 blocks away from an offroad course with lots of turns and big jumps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScaryFast
Apr 16, 2003

krushgroove posted:

If it's a club that's been there a while, there's probably a shop close by (or at the track) that will be able to help you find a used car/radio setup, or a suitable starter setup for not too much more than a used setup. Give it a try! :) off-road is a lot of fun. I'm glad CORR-type kits are getting really popular now, I used to run a Dodge Ram body on my Rally, was a lot of fun.

It's just a little dirt track with a platform for people to stand on, 2 small bleachers, and what looks like a little area for announcers or for selling snacks. I can only think of one place in town that sells RC cars, and only because I drive by it on the way to work. I should stop by some day.

ScaryFast
Apr 16, 2003

I was never into R/C as a kid (nobody would buy me one! :P) but I've been interested in a Slash for the past year or so. My roommate picked up a couple cheap Nitro truggies for herself and BF, so I got a Slash 4x4 with a couple Nimh batteries. Less than a week later and I've picked up an Onyx 235 charger, 5000mah 2s Lipo, JConcepts overtray, replacement front bumper (I know it's only a matter of time...), aftermarket rear bumper, and a duratrax pit tech stand.

I'd like to replace the shocks, or at least the springs to start, and once I break a suspension arm or tower I'll probably grab a $99 alloy conversion set. I'd also like some wheels & tires for running in parking lots. I have an offroad short course track a few blocks from my house which is pretty convenient.

I heard there can be heat issues with the overtray so I made a ghetto duct tape air intake (with thin foam filters) and opened some vents, but I don't have an IR temp sensor yet to see if it's actually helping at all.