Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
I hope somebody comes along who knows something about the 4x4 obstacle course type R/C's, I really crave a Unimog one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Love this, especially since some of them come with working winches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_VU5EJQgII

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
You guys are a bunch of assholes, I just went out and spent $350 on a goddamn crawler, drove it around for an hour, then tore it apart to put in the locking front diff and crawler gears. This is insanity.

What I ended up with, Axial AX10 and a nice battery and charger... http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24_59&products_id=321

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

SGT. Squeaks posted:

YAY! I just got an email from the senior editor of a popular RC magazine, guess my Vette posted above will be in a future mag. I won the Concourse competition in the IGT class at the MONTONICA GRAND PRIX in vegas over the weekend. Sadly the racing didn't go so well.

Can we get some pictures of your work? so those of us not in the know can have a look?

Since we are talking about scale, I guess I should speak up. I bough the AX10 as a starter to see how I liked RCing, but my real plan is to start working on some custom scale crawlers. I have seen some amazing stuff out there, and am fortunate enough to have the equipment and knowledge to really build some cool scale stuff. One area that really seams weak in a lot of the builds I have been looking at is the frames, usually just a few pieces of alum rivited together. I can do way better than that. Next step is going to be a Unimog kit, it will probably get most of the ax10's guts.