Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark Solux
Dec 8, 2004

Old School Saturn God
I recently pulled out my rc10gt, and looks like it needs some restoration. All 4 shocks are bad (possibly springs too), and I'm willing to bet the motor is toast, it's been sitting for at least a year, maybe two. Can these motors be resleeved? I'm not sure what size it has, but drat was that thing fun to romp around with, though everytime I brought it out I broke something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Solux
Dec 8, 2004

Old School Saturn God
I recently bought a Slash 2wd, and my roommate has the slash 4wd. What a blast.. The only issues I'm having are the battery doesn't seem to last too long (I have a 8.4v 4500mah nimh) and I can't seem to get the steering neutral- It will hardly turn left but has no problems turning right... is there anything I can adjust inside the servo? I've got the trim set to neutral and doesn't seem to help at all.

Also these trucks are pretty much invincible... Ran into eachother at full tilt and nothing broke!

Dark Solux
Dec 8, 2004

Old School Saturn God
I recently picked up a e-revo 2.0 and 2x 3s batteries - Holy crap this is way more durable and fun than my old RC10GT I had in high school ( Nitro...ugh constant tuning) and way more capable in my rough backyard than my old 1/10 slash 2wd I converted to brushless. I haven't managed to break anything yet. I know its probably not as good of a value as an ARRMA or as well put together as a Losi but drat.. this is fun.

As far as tools go, I picked up the traxxas kit ($25?) and a set of MIP ball end hex drivers ($50) and its really all I need for now besides other basic small tools like needlenose pliers or something. Probably overkill but oh well.