Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

You Am I posted:

VTA at my track runs 21.5T and we're looking at doing a VTA-fest where people can run 13.5T and Open motors :getin:

What shell are you running IOC?

Here's my VTA shell collection:

Allan Moffat 69 BOSS Mustang. First VTA shell I ran

The Plymouth Cuda Paddock basher - second shell

Current shell - 68 Camaro

I think this post is going to cost me a lot of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Nerobro posted:

This opened about half an hour from my house: http://www.windycityrc.com/

It's an indoor carpet track, both on-road and off.

I have a 71 barracuda body in the mail (how should I paint it?), a 25.5 novak motor and ESC, a "drift" steering servo with a .10second 60deg travel time.... And sitting on my bench is a Associated TC4, with battery and tires installed.

..... So I'm going VTA racing.

That's about 20 minutes from work. I don't have any cars myself, but maybe I'll go spectate.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I would one day love to make a garden park such as this inspiring beauty or this (seriously read the second one - posting is aces)

Both of those links are the same, but that is cool as poo poo. I've been eyeballing the CC01 lately as I kinda want something that I can slam around but not break the bank doing so. Not really looking for an all-out crawler, either. A place like that would be awesome to bomb around in.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Thank you! I edited and fixed it with the correct link

The CC01 is cool as hell. Frankly all of the Tamiya cars are awesome in their own quirky way. This YouTube channel has some really well shot videos of various Tamiya cars being run the way they were meant to be driven. Even though you might worry about it being too much of a "serious" crawler the new SCX10 II is unbelievably capable out of the box. It is near perfect. The only reason people go and spend mega bucks on them is 100% because they have A.D.D. and just want to tinker.

Ok, that guy's back yard is the poo poo.

Edit: and there went an hour to that guy's channel.

Boaz MacPhereson fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 16, 2016

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
So I'm like 90% certain I'm getting a CC01 and a LiPo for Hanukkah. What do you guys like for chargers that won't break the bank or burn down my house?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Make that 100% certain.

As I'm sure you all know, Tamiya ships like half a dozen different versions of the CC01, but I think the Bronco is the coolest of the bunch. I started putting it together last night but hosed up one of the screws something fierce and had to postpone the rest until today when I could go buy another screw. Luckily Ace had them for about a quarter a piece. Once that was done, I spent a couple more hours on it and here it is:

This is straight out of the box with the exception of a ball bearing kit. I was lucky enough to have my 'Santa' pick that up as well. I got a battery and a radio set as well, but still need the ESC, servo, and a charger. I'll pull the wheels off again so I can paint the centers and glue the tires. I've already got a list of parts to pick up for this thing, too.

This is how it starts, isn't it?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
All my electrical goodies came yesterday so I got the ESC and servo installed and got the charger ready to go. Home sick today so I figured I'd throw a charge on the battery while I could keep an eye on it. Apparently LiPos like to burn down houses if you leave them alone... Charged in about an hour so I obviously had to go harass my dog in the back yard.

I'm hooked.

Trimmed the body but don't have any paint yet. I've got some Ace coupons and my local store carries Tamiya paint. Not sure if they have the PS cans, but I'll go take a look and see. I'm thinking PS14 copper for the main body with a white roof.

Now I just need to pick up another servo and ESC to resurrect this guy:

Boaz MacPhereson fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 14, 2017

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Spent a lot of time masking off the Bronco to shoot some paint. Struck out at Ace (they carry the TS sprays but not the PS) but swung by a HobbyTown at dinner and grabbed some. I've got three coats of black done for the fender flares so I'll peel off the first layer of masking in about 20 minutes. In between coats on that, I masked and painted the wheel centers with the airbrush. XF-16 flat aluminum. Nothing fancy, but I think they look a lot better than all chrome.

Nervous as hell about the body. Hope my masking job didn't suck.

Edit: No sense in double-posting. There's a couple spots of overspray where the black snuck though, but gently caress it. For babby's first body, I'll call it good enough. I really like the color. Looks a bit weird in the picture but it turned out really nice. That whole 'painting the inside' thing is brilliant. I'd kill for a finish this nice on a regular model.

Double Edit: Stickers have been stuck and lights have been lit. Pretty cool it comes with the light kit. They've got an add-on kit that will do brake lights and backup lights and blinkers and all kinds of crazy poo poo. I may pick that up, but it's kinda spendy and it's pretty low on the list. Need to trim the posts and I'll be ready to rock.

Boaz MacPhereson fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 17, 2017

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Weather is awesome today so I went out to play a little bit. Took it over to the local nature preserve and screwed around for a while until the battery was getting low and the driveshaft wasn't staying in (didn't bring an allen for the set screws). Truck's not nearly as fun running FWD with an open diff. Speaking of open front diff, I need to do something about that. I don't want to lock it completely and tank my (already not great) turning radius, but having it open definitely makes it less capable. I've seen a guy stick some springs in behind the spider gears to keep them pushed towards the center as kind of a quasi-LSD but I'll be damned if I can find any springs that will fit in the slots behind the spiders.

Anyway, learned a lot about the truck and what it needs and how to drive it properly. Full throttle full lock steering on gravel paths=fun donuts. Full throttle full lock steering on grass=not so fun vertical donuts. Need some skidplates to help keep the driveshaft area from getting hung up. Junfac makes some plates and some side bars that I think would be pretty helpful. Needs some new tires desperately as these things are pretty lame when things get slippery. Tiny piles of snow made the truck their bitch unless I got a pretty serious run at them. Either way, had a ton of fun bombing through everything. I didn't take a ton of pictures since I was on driving duty too, but got a few when it felt picturesque enough. I'll have to go out somewhere at dusk so I can get some shots with the lights on.

Found a culvert with some big rocks:

A bit too big... better go around.

Some standing water to play in! Looks a bit deep, though.

Yeah, a bit deep. Down past the the nut in the front and the back tires were barely in the water.

This was a great little rocky water crossing. Couple pointy ones in there wanting to hang me up but I got a pretty good line through it and didn't have to rescue myself.

I should buy a boat...

Overall, a very fun time out.

Had some nice compliments on the truck, too. One person even asked if it was a Bronco from about 20 yards way or so. Well done to Tamiya for that one, I suppose. There's another preserve around here with some good dirt walking paths that I want to go to. Can't wait to go out again.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
So eventually I want to build a trailer for the Bronco. Need a hitch first. Drew up the plans a few days ago and figured out what I'd need for hardware.

Aluminum + hacksaw + drill + stainless hardware =

Knocked the corners off and drug a file over everything and hit it with some paint.

Like a glove.

Hole in the receiver is a 1/4" circle. Once I get around to building/buying an actual hitch and ball, I'll file it out to a square.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I kinda feel like I'm hijacking this thread, but I'm having too much fun with this truck to shut up about it.

Still had most of the aluminum sheet left over from the hitch so I figured I'd bang out a front skidplate. Pretty simple. Trim up an index card as a template and transfer it over to the aluminum. Bend it, clean it up some, screw it to the mounts for the big dumb bumper.

May try to cobble another one up for the rear diff.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Well in that case :v:

Bought some stuff for the wife for Valentine's from Amazon and needed a little bit more to hit the free shipping*. So of course I got more dumb poo poo.

Nerf bars!

Fit's great and they should help to provide a little protection on the sides. Plus they look cool. Might end up looking a little goofy if I use the long wheelbase on a different body but whatever.

*I ended up starting a Prime trial so shipping was free 2nd day anyway... OH WELL.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Do you like the M05? I've been kinda wanting to pick up an M-chassis now. I really like the looks of the Alfa on the M06. Have you played with the MF-01X at all?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Built yet another skidplate out of that aluminum. I've got enough left for a skidplate for the rear diff but I'll have to get some spacers for that one.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Geology posted:

That's rad as hell but from the pic it looks like it will interfere with the driveshaft during read suspension droop :ohdear:

It looks like it's right on top of it in the picture, doesn't it? There's about a half inch or so between them. There are some aluminum spacers (from the nerf bar kit) that are between the plate and the rear arms. It's pretty close to the gearbox guard, but they're both static pieces so there's no worry there. If I get the Tamiya rear stroke extension kit and a bigger drive shaft it may get a little tight, but I can always notch it if I need to.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Welp, had to buy some parts for the CC01. Unfortunately, they're replacement factories and not upgrades. In the rear end, the teeth that mesh the long axle shaft and the diff together have all but completely stripped. That combined with an open front diff don't make for much motivation on less than ideal surfaces.

Bevel gear set and axle shaft set are on their way. Bit of a bummer, but that's the way she goes, I guess.

In other events, I had the in-laws over this past weekend and let the FIL drive the Bronco around a bit (axles were fine at the time). I'm thinking of picking him something up that he can go have fun with because he seemed to have a pretty good time slamming it around the back yard. I want to get something kind of entry-level hobby-grade but probably RTR rather than a kit. I saw that LaTrax (Traxxas) has an RTR Teton kit and thought that might be a good fit. Does anybody have any experience with that thing?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Check one more thing off the list of poo poo to buy. Still had some of that aluminum sheet left over so I cut out and bent up a skidplate for the rear diff.There's maybe a quarter inch or so between the diff and the plate so I may try to shorten those spacers up a bit and snug that up to get some of that ground clearance back.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

If you're not sure if you're gonna play with it much, check out one of these...

https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-a...fbQ3hoC6Zvw_wcB

I got one for the kid and honestly, it's tons of fun indoors. Outside it's pretty useless though. The advantages are, it's only $50, it recharges off the controller like one of those cheapo drones and it's pretty drat tough. Surprisingly quick and nimble for something so small too.

Setting up little ramps with books and cardboard is great fun. If you have pets it's also fun to torment them with it.

We just picked up a 1/24 scale monster truck for my father-in-law for Father's Day. Obviously I had to make sure everything worked and I agree that it's a ton of fun to blast around the house. It's a little bit bigger than the TA one there but probably not by much. 4WD, too. It's fine outside on pavement obviously and probably on dirt, but it's no good in grass for anything taller than a putting green.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
IT'S ALIVE!*

Not sure if I posted this in here or not. It's a Radio Shack 4x4 Off Roader. Circa 1985 just like me. This is the 49 MHz model. The 27 MHz was yellow. It quit working a hell of a long time ago but I kept it for whatever reason. I finally got around to getting an ESC and a battery for it around Christmas and just got a new soldering iron the other day so I could get some new leads on the motor. There's no suspension at all so it's a bouncy little bastard, but it put a big dumb smile on my face once I got it fired back up. I have absolutely no plans for it other than breaking it out every once in a while to go dick around with. It does have a pretty slick little gear selector under the gearbox that moves the main gear that the motor engages with back and forth. "F" is your regular dick-around gear, but if you slide it over to "S" it turns into a loving crazy crawler/granny gear. No idea what the actual reduction is, but it'll climb the poo poo out of stuff. Super happy to have this thing going again. Well, sorta.

* It was alive. I'm pretty sure I already smoked the motor. I don't think the 30+ year old Mabuchi cared much for the LiPo. Oh well. Excuse for a new motor, I guess... :)

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Amazon's got a 5 pack of the proper size for cheap so I'll probably pick those up. They're nothing special. The drive train is actually pretty stout and the way they did the 4wd is pretty neat. Next time I pull the body off, I'll get some pictures of the setup.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

EdsTeioh posted:

I have a HobbyTown here, but after going in last weekend and the 17 year old arguing with me on how to pronounce "Tamiya" and then laughing at me and telling me that they'd never carry their stuff "because you have to build them," I'll never go back.

Wow, gently caress that kid. Did you tell the management they hired an rear end in a top hat?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
So I'm still enjoying playing around with my CC01 but I want to get into something for on-road shenanigans, too. What do you guys like for radios running multiple cars? I'm not really looking to race at all so telemetry isn't really important. Looking for something that's not total rear end but also won't break the bank. Any recommendations?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I think it's a solid "you don't" if you're wanting to stick with Lexan. If you're wanting to go hard core scale body, you'll want to go with Polystyrene. Same stuff that regular plastic model cars are made of. I know that Tamiya offers some of their CC01 bodies in PS and those are a good jumping off point for a lot of scale crawler guys. You can chop them up, scratch-build stuff with PS sheets and sticks and whatnot. Tamiya's got some sweet light kits and controllers, but I don't know about buckets. You'd probably have to build something yourself. As far as 1/10 scale PS car bodies... I think you're in for quite a hunt there.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Man, if I hadn't just moved I'd try to make it to the thing in Northbrook. I don't have anything to run (got a CC01 class? :v:), but I'd at least like to say hey and spectate. Unfortunately, my life is loving insane at the moment so the best I can do now is say good luck and have fun.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I can practically smell the cheese from WI at the new place, but I work in Wheeling. I don't have any on-road stuff yet, but I'd really like to pick up an M chassis soon. I'm very much a Tamiya whore and the Alfa Giulia M06 kit has been on my radar for a while. That and some flavor of TT02 would make me very happy, I think.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Where at? Maybe I can come hang out some time.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Vaminn posted:

After being out of the hobby for 20 years I bought a Stampede 4x4 to play with and teach my son the joy of r.c. Lurking the thread for a while I think there's some Chicago goons around, any recommendations for an offroad track in the northern suburbs?

There's a super casual little offroad track in Round Lake Beach if you're talking that far north. I don't think there are actually any events there, but there's a small track. Took my CC01 there and screwed around for a while (until I stripped the splines off an axle shaft...).

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Assuming you're talking about the same one I am (behind the Kohl's), it was still there as of about a year ago. It'd probably be more fun with a Stampede than a CC :). I moved farther north and haven't been down there in a while. Need to get my battery charged and go play around soon. There are a couple nature preserves up here that apparently have some good trails. Maybe I'll get out there next month once the holiday silliness passes.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Spent some money this weekend and ordered a TT02. Bearings are the only upgrade so far, but I plan on picking up a new radio with model memory soon so I don't have to move around my receiver whenever I want to change it up.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Ghost Scooby oooOOOoooo

TT-02 is pretty much ready to party except for the obvious.

Good news: local hobby shop has re-opened for curbside pickups.
Bad news: they don't carry polycarbonate paints. :argh:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Just a Futaba ball bearing servo. 3004 is the number I believe. Nothing fancy. I plan on some steering upgrades and oil filled shocks eventually. Got the paint ordered so hopefully I'll have it done up and ready to go slam around next weekend. It's mechanically done and driveable now, but I don't want to risk tearing up the unpainted body and I don't wanna run it naked.

My CC01 tires will fit, but I need to pull off the front bumper to actually have them turn.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Any local parks around? There's a couple pretty close to me but I haven't checked either one out yet. I'd drag the CC over to one by my old house and screw around on the narrow footpaths through the woods. It's a pretty good time.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

McTinkerson posted:

I'm neck deep in a Tamiya TT-02 Safari 911 build. Can confirm that the kits are so good and fun, you don't care that it's all plastic.

This will be the first one I build with lights. Where and how do I mount the LEDs in the lexan?

I just finished a TT02! Only upgrade so far is ball bearings. Better shocks are on the shortlist but I think a new radio is gonna be the next big purchase. Gonna get something with model memory so I can just start buying extra receivers instead of moving mine around from car to car.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Somewhat Heroic posted:

A small crawler (SCX24) is the kind of thing you buy when you already have a bigger one. There is literally no space too big for a crawler. If you are using the stock "silver can" Tamiya motor that Hobbywing speed controller should work just fine. Crawlers do end up a little more than a lunchbox. They are both cool for different reasons. Honestly a crawler sounds like the best match for you.

I am pretty happy with how that Jurassic body turned out. My most detailed paint job I have ever done. It was all done with rattle can spray pain too! I posted about it previously

Looking sweet. My neighbor just finished his Tamiya XV01 rally and it is making my loins burn for a rally car. I am pretty sure the next thing I build will have to be a Sand Scorcher though.

Man, the Sand Scorcher just looks fun. I bet it'll do wheelies with a nice brushless setup.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Any of you guys know if there's anywhere I can shop or research RCs by dimensions? Specifically wheelbase and/or width? I've got an old radio shack truck that I actually got running again recently with a servo and esc, but I don't think the ancient motor liked the LiPo very much. It has literally zero suspension but I love the body so I'd like to find something to at least mount it to.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Any of you guys happen to own a Traxxas/LaTrax Teton? If so, I've got a couple questions.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Took the TT02 out to a local baseball diamond and ripped around for a while. That is what it was built for. Unfortunately I was having too much fun to take any pictures but you'll have to take my word that it was a good time. As a downside, the steering is a bit grumpy now after dumping about a quarter pound of dirt out of it :v:. I think I need to pull the front end apart and give it a deep clean.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
That Mustang looks so nice. Tamiya makes one in 1:24 that I really want to get. I've got a TT02 but it's set for more rally stuff. I should get another for pure on-road stuff. I'd have a hard choice between the Mustang or some DTM body.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Did it come with the light kit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Gotcha. The Bronco came with their light kit and that poo poo is rad as hell. I know some people don't think much of Tamiya chassis, but their bodies are next level.