Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Just dropping in to recommend Tom Whitworth's reading of Candide, an excellent playful reading that I feel is really true to the spirit of the book, check it out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
Anyone got any hot recs on how to organise third party non-Audible audiobooks on an iPod Touch? Like any good iOS apps I can drag and drop stuff over to? Bonus points if it has a Windows application that works smoothly with it. Thanks!

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'

Bhodi posted:

i don’t know if it works on a touch but i use bound audiobook player. it has uploads for dropbox and also a little webserver that you start and point your browser to to drag and drop stuff over and works great.

Nice! Works great, thank ye!

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
Anyone know if there’s any decent dedicated devices to play audiobooks on that have a) good battery & b) are affordable and maybe for extra points c) can play podcasts? Currently using a 2019 iPod Touch but the complete bastards at Apple have decided to discontinue this product line! Fuckers! Anyone got any ideas what to get next that’s not a smartphone (don’t want a smartphone)