Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3422981
Son of Strelka, Son of God is worth a listen. It's narrated by Barack Obama and written by a goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

If you want a good book with MMO stuff, get Daemon & Freedom. Those books absolutely rule.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

!10 hours of it is just nature sounds to simulate walking through the woods.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

coyo7e posted:

Through some crime of genre literature I never got around to reading Sanderson's Mistborn series, so I grabbed them on audible. The narrator is very solid with a reasonably diverse range of believable character voices, although occasionally he falls into the classic "forgot to stop using the accent when the character stopped talking," foible that seems so common in audiobooks (I bet it'd be hard as hell to keep from doing that now and again.)

I can only remember that happening once or twice. Otherwise it's a solid series, and it really made me a Sanderson fan.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Tithin Melias posted:

I'm outside the Us but yeah at this point, gently caress audibles restrictions, I am sick of not being able to use my credit to buy stuff that they're advertising to me.

At least other companies have the decency to just not show what you're missing.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

it is quite good. Every time I lend a copy to somebody, I never end up getting it back.

That might be the state of my copy. Im not sure.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

There's no reason why audiobooks have to be fiction.

There are a ton of books on all sorts of subjects.

Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions is a great book

Traffic: Why We Drive the Way We Do (and What It Says About Us) would be a good read while on the road :haw:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Whomever did that terrible chinese guy thing is the worst in WWZ, and I just couldn't slog through it. Ugh

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Bass Concert Hall posted:

Heads up: Downbelow Station, a Hugo winner and great intro to one of the best space operas series of all time, was just added to Audible. Everybody go buy it and listen to it, it is one of my favorite books ever. Cyteen, another in the same universe, is also available, and happens to be a fantastic reading to boot.

Listening to the sample, I'm not sure I like the narrator. I'm sure I could listen to it, but it could be better. He reads things in chunks.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K1RcKJVbHA
I never saw this posted, so I thought I'd share :haw: I would buy this in a heartbeat.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Mister Macys? More like Mister Edgy, hatin' on great stuff.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I really like the Mistborn books, seriously a lot. Though I never recall anything about book 2, and I had the ending of book 3 figured out by the middle of book 2 :/ Or atleast the important bits of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Tithin Melias posted:

Having never read the hunger games, could anyone recommend the Audible versions as being any good?

http://www.audible.com/pd/Fiction/Battle-Royale-Audiobook/B0093O1ZY4/ref=sr_1_1?qid=1384240714&sr=1-1 :haw:
Though the Narrator isn't that good. Infact, I'd probably say he's bad but serviceable.

Edit: As for the hungergames themselves, I dunno. The sample sounds like there's feint music in the background, that's pretty cool I guess.