Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

kaaj posted:

I had a midpoint crisis but ultimately I think I got attached to characters and just wanted to hear more of their adventures. Really liked the setting too. I’m trying to remember which part of conflict happened in book 5 and which in 6 but I did really enjoy the story after that.

Book 5 was earth getting 9/11'd. I don't remember the rest of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Anyone know if there’s any decent dedicated devices to play audiobooks on that have a) good battery & b) are affordable and maybe for extra points c) can play podcasts? Currently using a 2019 iPod Touch but the complete bastards at Apple have decided to discontinue this product line! Fuckers! Anyone got any ideas what to get next that’s not a smartphone (don’t want a smartphone)

Sony still sells a Walkman branded product; couldn't tell you if it's any good though:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-nw-a306-walkman-a-series-black/6531351.p?skuId=6531351

They also have an $800 model and a $1400 moron audiophile option. :shepspends:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 11, 2024

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

God help me; I'm actually considering a litrpg series novel, because the narration editing in the sample seems really good.