Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

DocRanger posted:

John Scalzi's Redshirts read by Wil Wheaton. Three thumbs up. (one for the plot, one for the humour, one for pretty decent delivery by Wesley).

In case you didn't read it - it's about a group of four Ensigns on a spaceship that's suspiciously similar to Enterprise... but it's also about death and love and identity, and it's still pretty engrossing.

I just finished listening to this book too. It's good, and I really enjoyed it, but I almost couldn't get into it because of the 'Dal said', 'Duvall said', 'Dal said' that Scalzi puts at the end of every bit of dialog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
eh, Guidall's voice is just too soft for a lot of his narrations to be enjoyable for me. I listened to a lot of his work in the 90s and early 2000s, and any character I hear him portray always comes across as a soft, doughy kind of dude.

Try something by Barbara Rosenblat. That women is incredible.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Blue Remembered Earth.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I noticed a week ago that I can buy books directly through the IOS Audible app now. Anyone know if it was Apple or Amazon caved or if it’s a work around the Apple tax (can only buy with credits, etc)?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Yeah, after Cradle I've been listening to some pretty terrible stuff just because it was narrated by Travis Baldree. Apparently he has his own series that he's written, anyone know if it's any good?