Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
I just recently got into audiobooks. They're great for the morning/evening commute. Makes being stuck in traffic much more tolerable.

I started with Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy read by Stephen Fry, which was really entertaining.

I started The Road, and I'm almost done it. I wanted to "read" the book before the movie was released. It's really depressing, but I don't mind.

I also have Fight Club queued up, and also Isaac Asimov's Foundation trilogy.

I've downloaded a few other Asimov audiobooks and I've been really disappointed in the quality of the audio. I guess they were ripped from old cassette tapes and never remastered. Apparently, though, the Foundation trilogy has been re-released so it sounds really good from what I can tell, just skimming through it.

I personally can't stand ones that are dramatized. I got a LOTR one and deleted it immediately. Another book I own but could never get around to finish reading was The Dispossessed, but the audiobook version was also dramatized. Ugh.

I plan on getting some William Gibson books next. God drat, it's way more fun to listen to audiobooks in your car rather than music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU