Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008
What the gently caress is this? I go to the audible website, not logged in, to search for a book and see this-->

I've put up with your drm'd poo poo for years and you still try and gently caress me in the rear end!:bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

Ape Gone Insane posted:

I'm having a hard time choosing which narrator to go with for the Harry Potter series. Stephen Fry sounds more lively but most of the characters sound more or less the same whereas Jim Dale does a fantastic range of voices.

Has anybody got any preference?
I've listened to the both of them and it's pretty much as you described. Both are excellent but if I was going to listen to them again I'd listen to Stephens version.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

gmq posted:

Besides Harry Potter, are there any good or interesting books read by Stephen Fry?
The Montmorency books are quite fun.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008
Locke & Key by Joe Hill, Gabriel Rodriguez is being given away for free on audible until 4/11/2015. I'm not entirely sure if it remains in you library after that date but I guess if you pick it up now you can complete it by then.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Fiction/FREE-Locke-Key-Audiobook/B00YI1CTVU/ref=a_search_c4_1_1_srTtl?qid=1445814384&sr=1-1