Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
As already mentioned, Lolita read by Jeremy Irons is one of the best audio books out there. His voice is just a perfect fit for the character.

Also Make Love The Bruce Campbell Way read by, who else, Bruce Campbell is very entertaining and well read.

Ender's Game read by a team called Audio Renaissance is stellar. Multiple voice actors, all high quality. Highly recommended. Really brought it all to life for me.

I can also recommend I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream read by the writer himself, Harlan Ellison. Very dynamic, very powerful. It's always great to hear a story exactly as the writer himself envisioned it.

I actually had a tough time getting through the World War Z audio book, despite the big names attached to the project. Some of the accents sounded like caricatures and it really began to grate because of this.

edit: Forgot one biggie: The Hot Zone read by Howard McGillin is also very good. Read very clinically, just as a book such as this demands. Just great overall.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Proffessor Rapeface posted:

Holy poo poo hearing Naked Lunch read by the author is an experience.

Not to mention impossible to understand what he is slurring on about.
Like paying a drunken whino to read a book out loud for you.

But it is an experience.