Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I listened to the World War Z audio book on a drive up to Seattle and back from Portland. It was pretty much the perfect length haha!! Anyways, I really enjoyed it, though I was a little disappointed at some of the parts they edited out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Dickeye posted:

On a similar note, I'm listening to Areas of My Expertise right now.

Hodgman and Coulton bullshitting is the best part.

"I do have my extra-large hands on today."

Areas of My Expertise was pretty good, but it can't hold a candle to his follow up book, More Informaion Than You Require. The second book is absolutely hilarious but mostly I think he just reads it a lot better and his punch lines have a lot more punch.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I'm having issues with iTunes. Big surprise right?

I've been listening to audio books while I run and finally ran out of the ones my friends gave me on a flash drive. For those books I simply copied them into my media folder and added them to my itunes library in order to sync them with my ipod.

Well tonight I decided to buy one for myself rather than mooch off of friends. Bought Children of Hurin from itunes store, downloaded it, and attempted to sync it onto my ipod. No dice. There was an error message saying it's not authorized for this computer. Any ideas? Is there some special hoop I have to jump through to sync legally bought books onto my ipod? Why is it more difficult than media I didn't actually purchase myself?

edit:
Apparently I'm allowed to authorize up to 5 computers to use my downloaded itunes stuff. I just never authorized my new pc I guess. Funny how I figure this out 20 seconds after asking for help when I screwed around trying to make it work for like 20 minutes earlier...

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 3, 2012