Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Access to Hester
Mar 7, 2010

The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult to see
Thank you for the great suggestions in this thread

Allow me to add my praises for Lolita read by Jeremy Irons. Simply incredible.

As for specific narrators, you could do no wrong in listening to anything by Frank Mueller.
He is probably best known for his work on Stephen King's Dark Tower series, but has many other wonderfully done recordings.
Just finished his work on Cormac McCarthy's All the Pretty Horses. As always with Mueller, it was excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Access to Hester
Mar 7, 2010

The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult to see

SnakePlissken posted:

This one has been praised here several times. Just a side note, when I first read this praise, my mind read Brandon Irons, which for a reading of Lolita would be very interesting.

Haha, that would be interesting indeed.
I should have been clearer, I wished to add to the praises present in this thread, as it served as the primary motivation for me securing the work. The earlier description of the reading as "a religious experience" really sealed the deal for me.

Also, this may be slightly off-topic, but especially with Frank Mueller at the helm, did anyone else get the impression that Stephen King rather liberally "borrowed" a great deal of the setting/feel of All the Pretty Horses (1992) for his The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass (1997)?