Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

Aventine posted:

Seriously, what is up with his voice? I've watched documentaries with him where he makes perfectly reasonable and balanced statements but he still sounds smug.

I haven't heard it myself but I have heard very good things about the audio for Make Love! The Bruce Campbell Way.

Good things is the understatement of the century. This book cracked me the hell up so my husband bought it to listen to because he's not a reader but at work (welder) he can listen to whatever I'm reading. This got me into the audiobooks. Holy poo poo Make Love is amazing. Just funny as hell.

Choke on the other hand. Holy poo poo Chuck reads it and does a really good job but god I never realized how depressing that book was (and it's one of my favorites) until I listened to it. Just wow. But it was still good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
For anyone interested in an awesome listen...Cinderella Man. Blows the movie away and the version I have has an interview with James Braddock at the end of it. Just an amazing story and beautifully told in this format. I cried worse listening to the book than when I watched the movie. Amazing.

For some really awesome laughs I would recommend Holidays On Ice by David Sedaris. Holy crap is that funny. Amy Sedaris has a cameo too, his voice is not what I expected..kind of disturbing actually but still laugh out loud funny.