Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

Anyone here listen to The Sandman? I'm imagining that something gets lost when translating a comic series to audio form, but I guess you gain possibly-great vocal performances and let your imagination create the visuals?

I thought it was really good. They’ve added narration to set the scene, because so much of that was done by the art, and Gaiman does a good job as narrator, I think. They also did a good job picking most of the VAs. I’m not a huge fan of Kat Dennings as Death, but all the others are very good, IMO. And Dennings isn’t actually bad, really, she’s just not up to the standards of the other important characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Moira Quirk does an absolutely fantastic job on Gideon the Ninth.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The man called M posted:

Are there any other audiobooks that aren’t Discworld where the narrator does different voices for the characters well?

Anything narrated by Moira Quirk.