Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Thanks for the heads up. Picked it up, but I didn't want to spend a credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
The problem is the footnotes are completely skipped over. At least in the audiobook I had. It's great besides having to have the book next to you to read the footnotes. I think there's a "companion" audiobook that is just footnotes but that means you have to switch back and forth.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I couldn't get through gravity's rainbow. There was a lot of stream of consciousness and switching of perspectives. I was also trying to listen to it while doing other things. So if you give it more attention or might be more possible. Some of his other books might be better also since I don't think they jump around as much.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Is there a significant difference between the ensemble version of dune on audible vs the older one narrator version? A lot of times I've found the ensemble version is not as good as the single reader. Just wanted to know if anyone had opinions on the recording/acting quality.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

poisonpill posted:

I thought the ensemble version was really, really well done. It has different voices for most characters, a little music and some sound effects, but they’re all good and not distracting. It helped me keep everything straight and listen to all 9,000,000 hours while building a staircase in my house

Sounds perfect for when I'm bottle feeding my infant in the middle of the night then!

Thanks for both the quick responses. I recently watched the first movie again and it made me remember how much I liked the books so long ago.