Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Kilometers Davis posted:

If you email me I’ll help you track down that Guidall version. Seriously it’s fantastic, I’m somewhat new to audiobooks but it’s my favorite so far and really helped me fully fall in love with Dune.

I'm interested. What audio quality do you have? 64k? 128k?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

NikkolasKing posted:

Most of them are read by Michael Kramer, although for his Stormlight Archive series, Kate Reading joins to voice the female cast.

Kramer and Reading are the best narrators doing fantasy. They also did the entire Wheel of Time series.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Jack B Nimble posted:

Robert Caro's first book in his JBJ trilogy. Within the first hour of listening, as he describes the background of the region, it should become obvious that this is an absolute masterpiece.
Have you read The Power Broker?

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

jeeves posted:

I randomly found an unofficial 'Soundscape' audio books of Lord of the Rings on Archive.org and holy poo poo this dude knocks it out of the park.

Totes pro-listen.

Wow indeed. I've been hesitant to start the LOTR quest through an audiobook but none sounded appealing. This version, with music and sound, has me very excited to start!

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Nope, but the Diamond Age one is quite good.

Audible/Stephenson should invest in a re-recording. The current version sounds terrible.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

kaaj posted:

I want to finish Death’s End now, though I must say it drags a little in the first few hours. Hope it will be worth it.
Your patience will pay off.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Just finished The Wager by David Grann, absolutely incredible audiobook. The narrator (Dion Graham) reads every sentence like it's the most loving interesting thing he's every heard and I tell you, it works.

Read his narration of "American War."

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Yeah I recently upgraded computers and to my horror realized my trusty ipod 5g (with the wheel!) no longer works with it thanks to itunes being rolled into apple music. I don't use it for podcasts and books but it's the best for walking around with tunes, and I have a playlist I've built over like 20 years of using mp3s. I just prefer the user interface to that of a smart phone, it's more precise and quick.
Have you considered installing Rockbox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Enfys posted:

Demon Copperhead is really good

What did you like about it?