Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Big thanks to the people who recommended Pratchett's books in audio format. I'm on "Mort" right now and am enjoying the hell out of them. It's almost like a radio production. Though, a friend lent me 'Equal Rites' read by some Celia something or other instead of the very enjoyable Nigel Planar, and she was atrocious. Not only was her voice annoying and grating, but she varies the volume of her voice so much that it was impossible to listen for 5 minutes at a time without turning my stereo up or down several times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Nilbop posted:

If anyone's interested in more than audiobooks of Pratchett's titles, the BBC did excellent radio plays of (the ones I've found) Wyrd Sisters, Small Gods, Mort and Guards! Guards!, which at least up until recently you could still find on BBC iplayer.

I've seen these around, but they all seem to be abridged? Confirm/deny?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Any audiobooks y'all would recommend specifically for kids? Taking a long car ride with my 5.5 and almost-4 year old this weekend. Something less advanced than Harry Potter (he can more or less keep up, she can't) but more advanced than...I don't know, the Gruffalo, but particularly with a reading that would hold their attention.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Thanks everyone! Those all look like great suggestions.