Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuurd
Apr 21, 2005

Recently listened to "Use of Weapons". For some reason I kept getting slogged in the middle when reading it on kindle, but I really enjoyed it on audio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuurd
Apr 21, 2005

Eezee posted:

I wanted to buy Kingkiller Chronicles just now and saw that there are 2 versions with different narrators. One read by Rupert Degas and one by Nick Podehl.
Is there a consensus on which one is better?

I've listened to Podehl and thought the narration was good. Haven't heard the other.

Nuurd
Apr 21, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

I can't get the Expanse on Netflix in my country, are the books it's based on any good?

I enjoy the books, and think the audio is well done.

Nuurd
Apr 21, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

Anyone have an opinion on Book 6 of 'The Expanse' series?

There's a lot of middling reviews, and I'm not sold on it.

I don’t remember the details, but I seem to remember thinking it wasn’t out of line with book 5. If you liked that, you’ll probably like 6.

Nuurd
Apr 21, 2005

George Guidall is up there