Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

MattWPBS posted:

Do like the Portsmouth kit. Mainly because Canterbury have used a rugby template, so it's something different in the Premier League.

Portsmouth have had a rugby kit for the past few seasons, haven't they? I know last years (or the year before) was the same template as the Irish Rugby Union shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

Portsmouth have had a rugby kit for the past few seasons, haven't they? I know last years (or the year before) was the same template as the Irish Rugby Union shirt.

The gaolkeeper one actually was the Irish Rugby shirt, just with the crest changed.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
A team with Glen Johnson in and a gaolkeeper typo is brilliant.

They also sold the actual, 100% replica for £95 before the credit crunch.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Just ordered a Porto home shirt with Hulk on the back :D

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The merchandise stands had the old away shirts for sale at 20€, so I got myself this one:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
No shirt is more beautiful than this. I'd love to find a long-sleeve version (I only have the short sleeves)

Click here for the full 960x1280 image.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Bad picture, wrinkly shirts, etc. I realized this doesn't even picture all the hoodies and zip ups I own. I spend too much money on football poo poo, jesus... :smith:

Bottom to top, left to right:

Barcelona Home 07-08 (Camp Nou 50th anniversary shirt) LS, no player
DC United Away 05-06 SS, no player
Barcelona Home 04-05 SS Ronaldinho
DC United Home 07-08 SS, no player
DC United Home 04-05, no player
Barcelona Home 08-09 SS Xavi

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 6, 2009

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
colorful dishrags

pimpslap
Nov 27, 2002
new home, old colors, same Arsenal

GutBomb posted:

No shirt is more beautiful than this. I'd love to find a long-sleeve version (I only have the short sleeves)

That's my favorite modern Arsenal shirt. To me it just screams Bergkamp.

I have this one...

However, as a rule, the only football shirt I wear in public (other than to workout) is this...

The only other one I'd make an exception for...

edit:
\/\/\/\/\/\/

Chuggo posted:

Lots of Arsenal fans hate me for it but I actually really like the maroon shirt:

That's a training shirt, but the Highbury commemorative season shirt is pretty awesome.

pimpslap fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 6, 2009

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Lots of Arsenal fans hate me for it but I actually really like the maroon shirt:

Just bought this for my birthday next week :toot: :

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GutBomb posted:

I would love so much to have a short-sleeve one of those shirts. I have one that's earlier and one of the Dreamcast-sponsored aways, but man, loooooooove the home shirt from those years.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

harperdc posted:

I would love so much to have a short-sleeve one of those shirts. I have one that's earlier and one of the Dreamcast-sponsored aways, but man, loooooooove the home shirt from those years.

They pop up on ebay every now and then. That's how I got mine.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Apparently Greaves in the UK are doing tops for £20. I've been told that the Roma and AC Milan ones are there.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

harperdc posted:

Subside sports had one but it sold for £190.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

Chuggo posted:

Just bought this for my birthday next week :toot: :

Nice, I'd get that kit if I wouldn't just end up burning it the second I got it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ka0 posted:

Subside sports had one but it sold for £190.

I'm guessing it would have been a Code 7 shirt, straight from the club's supply of on-field uniforms. It wouldn't make sense for a replica shirt to go for THAT much, despite being eight years old.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Collector nuts will drive any item's price up provided there's a ridiculous demand, I don't know.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

pimpslap posted:

I bought this when it came out with Henry on the back and it's still my favourite shirt I own. I've had more since and although I do like the current one, it's always this one I wear whenever I'm playing football.

Seconding the "I never wear it out" though.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

How could I miss this thread?

I love, love England's new kit.

And the current USA one :swoon:

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
USA is classy. Bought current home AC Milan top for 20 quid today. Long sleaved.
Didn't stop us losing by 10 goals at fives, right enough...

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

luvd posted:

I bought this when it came out with Henry on the back and it's still my favourite shirt I own. I've had more since and although I do like the current one, it's always this one I wear whenever I'm playing football.

Seconding the "I never wear it out" though.

I've got this one, too. It's probably the most comfortable of all of my jerseys, and I have a lot, like more than a dozen. I don't have the 01-02 Arsenal jersey, but I have the previous one-- it's got the Dreamcast logo, but no black piping on the sleeves. I've also got a keeper jersey from that issue, bright yellow, looks like Captain Kirk's shirt. That one's also really comfy, good to wear on the bike on cold mornings.

It's funny, I used to wear jerseys all the drat time when I was first really getting into the sport, but nowadays I wear them when I'm exercising or on matchdays only.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Directorman posted:

How could I miss this thread?

I love, love England's new kit.

And the current USA one :swoon:

Is white over navy blue going to be the definitive USA stripe? I wish you guys would stick with one template for more than 4 years.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Ka0 posted:

Is white over navy blue going to be the definitive USA stripe? I wish you guys would stick with one template for more than 4 years.

I think White/Navy is what we're going to be sticking with, I mean...we've been sorta consistent for the last few cycles

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I love the US home kit. My favorite part is "Don't Tread On Me" on the inside of the collar.

Mike Toole posted:

It's funny, I used to wear jerseys all the drat time when I was first really getting into the sport, but nowadays I wear them when I'm exercising or on matchdays only.

I'm the same way. That's why I like the USA away jersey for the gym. It's really simple and goes with just about anything.

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 07:18 on May 8, 2009

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.
Importing a question that someone asked in the Champions League semis thread while it was descending into statsmageddon - have any players ever shown off their swapped shirts?

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

If I had a horse I'd buy it oats and fuck it

MattWPBS posted:

Importing a question that someone asked in the Champions League semis thread while it was descending into statsmageddon - have any players ever shown off their swapped shirts?

Think Steven Gerrard may have shown off a few on Cribs or something similar, not sure if I'm remembering it right though, it may have been his own shirts.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

MattWPBS posted:

I have seen, in his ESPN columns, Jimmy Conrad refer to having gotten Beckham's jersey after the ill-advised MLS pickup squad vs Real Madrid match a few years back.

I should post the collection I have of Jerseys That Are All Way too Big for Me.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

MattWPBS posted:

Steven Gerrard has some in his trophy room

There are better pictures, but I can't find them.

edit: I remember his house being fairly tasteful too, he's no Phil Neville

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 12:33 on May 8, 2009

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Mickolution posted:

That is a really cool photo and it's so neat that England actually still gives out the real caps.

As promised, here are six jerseys I have that are way too big for me.

Top row:
Game worn Adin Brown 2004 Revs GK, gift from player
Matt Reis 2007 Revs GK, gift from buddy who hit up kitroom manager

Second row:
Game worn Shalrie Joseph 2007 Revs home, gift from player
As far as I know game worn Shalrie Joseph 2008 Revs home, gift from player

Third row:
As far as I know game worn Jimmy Conrad 2007 Wizards away, trade from player
Autographed by whole team 2006 Aalesund home kit, gift from player

foundationofnuness
Jul 11, 2007
internetz make me moist
Am I alone in wanting something like this to happen?:

:smith:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

foundationofnuness posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

MattWPBS posted:

The guy who swapped shirts with Maradona after the Hand of God match brought it on Soccer AM once. Pretty funny watching them try to work out whether they should be playing it as "omg Maradona's shirt!" or "boo, Maradona's shirt that he beat us in".

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

I think so, yes.

That was a horrible strip, glad it's never made a comeback.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Great shirt :)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
That really existed? :aaa:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

It's a rule of football shirts that no matter how ugly and horrible a design looks, a team has used it for at least a game.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

frankenfreak posted:

It's the original Newton Heath kit I believe, who went on to become Manchester United :)

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

As mentioned it was an old old kit, as you can tell from the pic we also used it in the early 90's as a 3rd kit.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Grez posted:

Great shirt :)

That looks like a terrible photoshop job :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Snowball
Jul 22, 2007

Ride the Snide

Mickolution posted:

Where are the trophies? Or at least winners medals.