Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

duggimon posted:

Plaid?

Also, that's not a Scotland top.

He's American. Cut him some slack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

If I had a horse I'd buy it oats and fuck it

Grievo posted:

He's American. Cut him some slack.

Never!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

The Portland Timbers need to get a classic lumberjack red/black plaid away kit.

god no, the failed indoor lacrosse team had shirts like that, I don't even want to imagine what that'd look like as a soccer shirt with adidas stripes :gonk:

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

I'm not American, I just don't do my research.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

Messyass posted:

I'm not American, I just don't do my research.

OK duggimon, mock away.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
new celtic kit has plaid shorts

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
is that the new home!?

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

The word "plaid" should be bannable unless we're discussing Steve Martin films.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Ka0 posted:

I am gonna get me some of those, they are bad rear end! I am surprised my lurking goon friend Our Man in Kircaldy has not posted in this thread since he owns something like 80+ jerseys.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

they don't look 100% legitimate to me...

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Ka0 posted:

Holy poo poo... Do they come with a tam o'shanter as well?

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

Why would celtic have a green and white away kit? Isn't part of the idea to use different colours to your normal ones?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

luvd posted:

is that the new home!?

away

I mean "aah-weh"

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

duggimon posted:

Why would celtic have a green and white away kit? Isn't part of the idea to use different colours to your normal ones?

yeah this is what got me too, figured it couldn't be the away

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

duggimon posted:

You'd think this would make a difference, but it never does. Celtic and Hibs have a habit of releasing away kits with green in them because they're all loving idiots (you included Stuface). Either that or Yellow.

Ugh Yellow.

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008

Flapper posted:

I got 4 Reading kits, the current home one is my favourite

Also, the Sydney FC from a couple years ago is also delish

I love that the Burley - Reading playoff has a northern team with Hollands pies on their shirt playing a southern team with Waitrose on theirs

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Ka0 posted:

Will the Celtic players be allowed to play with underwear beneath this?

st0rmjunkie_xl
Aug 4, 2004

And hello everyone, by the way. I used to post here semi-regularly about 4 years ago and have since rediscovered that I miss being a goon. So I might hang around here more often.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

st0rmjunkie_xl posted:

And hello everyone, by the way. I used to post here semi-regularly about 4 years ago and have since rediscovered that I miss being a goon. So I might hang around here more often.

Don't be silly, you can't have both Feyenoord and Aja.....ohhhh :v:

st0rmjunkie_xl
Aug 4, 2004

Ha. Interestingly, I quite like both Ajax and Feyenoord, and even have an old Ajax training jersey (although I might have sent it to a charity shop, I don't remember). I tend to follow at least one team from most countries, and for one reason or another I like Ajax and Feyenoord, despise PSV and know almost nothing about the rest of the league.

I won't claim to be 'passionate' about Dutch football.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

st0rmjunkie_xl posted:

Ha. Interestingly, I quite like both Ajax and Feyenoord, and even have an old Ajax training jersey (although I might have sent it to a charity shop, I don't remember). I tend to follow at least one team from most countries, and for one reason or another I like Ajax and Feyenoord, despise PSV and know almost nothing about the rest of the league.

I won't claim to be 'passionate' about Dutch football.

:psyduck:

What? How can this be?
I'm trying to find a place to buy this kit:

For some retarded reason, I think I mentioned this in IRC a year ago or something, but someone bought me a Darlington FC kit...thinking I'd like it.

st0rmjunkie_xl
Aug 4, 2004

Yeah, like I said, it's very much an armchair following of both sides. It stems from liking or disliking individual players at their clubs. I admit I've swung quite heavily in favour of Feyenoord recently though - even though they're doing seemingly terribly.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

st0rmjunkie_xl posted:

Yeah, like I said, it's very much an armchair following of both sides. It stems from liking or disliking individual players at their clubs. I admit I've swung quite heavily in favour of Feyenoord recently though - even though they're doing seemingly terribly.

It's more the whole rivals thing..

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

luvd posted:

It's more the whole rivals thing..

This, a million times this. There are still football firms in those clubs that actively try to hurt/maim each other. For gently caress's sake do not tell any Ajax fans you like Feyenoord or vice versa or else you might get your teeth kicked in.

It's like me saying I like Sunderland as well as Newcastle and not expecting to get my rear end kicked.

st0rmjunkie_xl
Aug 4, 2004

I understand quite clearly that they're rivals, thank you. However, as I claimed initially, I have no genuine partisanship when it comes to Dutch football so it doesn't matter to me either way about their rivalry.

I don't claim to be a 'fan' of either; I simply follow their results and wish them well. When it comes to any club other than my own, it really doesn't bother me either way about their rivalries because frankly it's none of my business.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

st0rmjunkie_xl posted:

I don't claim to be a 'fan' of either; I simply follow their results and wish them well. When it comes to any club other than my own, it really doesn't bother me either way about their rivalries because frankly it's none of my business.

I've always had a soft spot for Birmingham City and West Brom, although Wolves are quite funny, and Villa have a funny name. So I semi-support all of them.

Outrespective
Oct 9, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ibroxmassive posted:

I've always had a soft spot for Birmingham City and West Brom, although Wolves are quite funny, and Villa have a funny name. So I semi-support all of them.

You got nothing on me though. I support football I do, all football.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
You know, it's possible to like a few clubs in a league. Take Spain for instance. I don't give a gently caress about La Liga, but I might enjoy watching Real Madrid for a season or two, then I might enjoy watching Barcelona. I don't support either, but might like some of the players. When I was a kid, I liked a lot of the Barcelona players, such as Stoitchkov and Hagi. Then Zidane was one of my favorite ever players, so I would favour Madrid. I'm just using this as an example, so don't go comparing me to Confusion or anything, but a lot of people have floating support for leagues they don't follow too closely dependent on who's playing for the teams in question.

He never said he supported them or anything like that and I doubt he's going to become a big AZ fan just because they've won the league or anything.

st0rmjunkie_xl
Aug 4, 2004

Blues are my team - the Baggies I also like a lot. It's certainly one of the more friendly rivalries that Birmingham has (you'll find more police at a game against the likes of Leeds, for example) - but I also know some bluenoses who can't stand the Baggies at all. Personally, I like Mowbray and his approach to football and find their fans honest and genuine.

Wolves, I don't like. I don't hate them, but I certainly don't like them.

Villa on the other, are cretinous chumps. I went through a stage a few years ago (after having not lived in the city for a few years) where I started to dislike them less, because O'Neill was doing a decent job in a footballing sense and I hadn't had to come into contact with their 6-fingered fans for a while. However, I quickly got over that and their disgraceful behaviour in forfeiting the UEFA Cup made me lose a lot of respect for everything about their club. So any bad day can be made instantly better with a Villa loss.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

also obviously I'm not a Chelsea fan but this year's kit is class - much better than what's coming next year:

:gonk: Adidas has gone stark raving mad.

Yeah, I'm going to pick up the current black away kit in lieu of getting any of next seasons (although I might consider the away). I'd like the orange goalie top but I can't find it cheap.

I do, somewhere, have one of the attached -

My school demanded a blue sports kit and my parents got me this aged 7. It's why I'm a fan. (This is Chelsea home 1987-89)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma
I don't know why a Brummie should care about the Feyenoord-Ajax hatred, it's not like he's a season ticket holder of either one or a Rotterdamer with a strong dislike of Amsterdam.

There's few things sillier than some internet or TV fan whose team is nowhere near him in any way getting totally caught up in their local rivalries and poo poo. It's quite funny when you see some Man U fan in like say Chicago accuse the Liverpool fan from Singapore of being a thieving Scouse bastard and the Singaporean replies by calling the Chicagoan a Manc oval office.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

The Celtic kit is being listed as an 'international away kit'. This may mean we're getting a new domestic away kit too, but I don't know.

Like it matters, if it's not hoops I'm not buying it. (Unless they bring back the bumblebee kit)

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
http://www.petitiononline.com/BUMBLES/petition.html

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

When nike added red to Arsenal's sleeves I gave a loud outcry and sat down to finish my tea.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Supposedly the new shirt.. It upsets me that someone has been paid to design this poo poo.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I thought you hated bright spotty colours.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Ka0 posted:

I thought you hated bright spotty colours.

the pinstripes look disgusting and i know they're trying to recreate a modern version of the 90s one but still

and the collar looks awful

shoulda gone for taken the colour from the current away kits sleeves, and made a simple kit from that with a V neck in all one colour.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

The PES screenshots are hillarious on this haha

The only memory I have of that shirt is it being burnt sometime around the 11th night, back before Belfast city council endorsed bonfire night celebrations.

Rangers have had a tartan for a while now, it's usually kept just to supporters gear and the likes of pyjamas, and I'm glad it hasn't been on a kit yet. It looks loving terrible.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

st0rmjunkie_xl posted:

Kappa kits are really eurotrashy, but they're probably the best-fitting

Also, that Arsenal away shirt is horrid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

surrender posted:

but they're probably the best-fitting

...provided you like kits you can also use as rash guards

Blackburn's new one is set to debut on Thursday; they've been posting teaser images all week.