Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Rhg0061r posted:

Well if you think otherwise you end up going broke. While I'm sure Roman and Kenyon are the REALEST of the REAL FANS, I don't think they want the club to hemorrhage money, and shirt sales are good source of income.

Plus Adidas might have something to do with it.

No. You're right. When Abramovich leaves, you're going to be the healthiest club around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
You are never going to make a profit anyway. If there was any sort of sense in the world you would already be broke.

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

c0burn posted:

You are never going to make a profit anyway. If there was any sort of sense in the world you would already be broke.

As I recall if Roman wasn't so trigger happy with sacking managers, we'd have broke even at least.

But Liverpool is definitely owned by people who are in it for their love of football right? And thank god they're financially sound and don't go around defaulting on loans or anything.

Oh wait. :smug:

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
I think our ownership situation is disgusting, and I don't pretend otherwise.

st0rmjunkie_xl
Aug 4, 2004

Some facts:

In the eyes of most chairmen, football is a business. Which is fair enough to some extent, if they does lose touch with reality and expect fans to start throwing hard-earned cash to watch rubbish week in week out for no incentives (see: David Sullivan's expectations of Birmingham City fans for the last decade).

In the eyes of a handful of billionaires, football is a toy. They can buy and sell who they please without any real interest in making profit - it's all about boys with toys, trying to buy a Champions League winning team. Chelsea have widely been reported to make terrifying losses in a business sense, which doesn't matter too much because they've had so many cash injections from Abramovich's own wallet. The worrying part for Chelsea is when that dries up, as the club is anything but self-sufficient. Selling shirts, however, is a way of broadening their brand. That's the main intention - to be the most successful and best branded club on the planet. And clearly that's working, as everyone here is talking about buying their new shirt as and when it gets released - the extortionate price tag is supposed to convince you that somehow you're probably getting your money's worth.

To fans, if you perceive the game as a business, then you've got the complete wrong end of the stick. The game is suffering enough because of the money-men, and when the fans start accepting it and even encouraging it, it's a bad sign. When fans consider their club to be a business rather than a team, then the game is dead.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

w00bi posted:

The Chelsea white away that was leaked looks to be true. Better pictures are out. I really like it, it sort of looks like a sports polo.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/09/10-kits/chelsea-2009-2010-away-adidas-shirt-leaked.html

That looks mesh-less. Excellent.

Guitar_Hero posted:

Besides being money-hungry bastards, is there an actual reason why Chelsea are having three all-new kits again? Didn't they just get new ones last season?

Also, considering how good their current strip is, to have it change to that is one hell of a step down.

The contract with Adidas requires replacement of all 3 kits each year. I think Liverpool have the same deal, despite C0burn's heartwarming jibe.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

st0rmjunkie_xl posted:

Some facts:

In the eyes of most chairmen, football is a business. Which is fair enough to some extent, if they does lose touch with reality and expect fans to start throwing hard-earned cash to watch rubbish week in week out for no incentives (see: David Sullivan's expectations of Birmingham City fans for the last decade).

In the eyes of a handful of billionaires, football is a toy. They can buy and sell who they please without any real interest in making profit - it's all about boys with toys, trying to buy a Champions League winning team. Chelsea have widely been reported to make terrifying losses in a business sense, which doesn't matter too much because they've had so many cash injections from Abramovich's own wallet. The worrying part for Chelsea is when that dries up, as the club is anything but self-sufficient. Selling shirts, however, is a way of broadening their brand. That's the main intention - to be the most successful and best branded club on the planet. And clearly that's working, as everyone here is talking about buying their new shirt as and when it gets released - the extortionate price tag is supposed to convince you that somehow you're probably getting your money's worth.

To fans, if you perceive the game as a business, then you've got the complete wrong end of the stick. The game is suffering enough because of the money-men, and when the fans start accepting it and even encouraging it, it's a bad sign. When fans consider their club to be a business rather than a team, then the game is dead.

shut up, post more kits

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Vålerenga's home shirt this (and probably next) season:

Click here for the full 600x586 image.

And the away shirt:

Click here for the full 600x552 image.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
So two different shades of blue?

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Two different shades, but the cyan one stands out when they wear it on the pitch.

This picture shows the differences better:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Sliding the B value on Photoshop shouldn't be a designers contribution should it?

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
We had the same colour last year (third kit, the away kit was white), just with Nike as kit supplier. I don't think it's a particular pretty kit, but no-one else in the league use that colour (no surprise there).

But then again, we don't have this:

Sogndal IL, Adeccoliga (the second tier in Norway). They call the colour "lime". Don't know if I agree with that.

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

If I had a horse I'd buy it oats and fuck it
Too many sponsors, should be driving oversized go-karts round a track rather than playing football.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Perky

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

duggimon posted:

Too many sponsors, should be driving oversized go-karts round a track rather than playing football.

That's Norway. All of our teams have alot of sponsors since we don't have that much money going around in the league.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Looks downright reasonable compared to Mexico.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

CubanMissile posted:

Looks downright reasonable compared to Austria.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Those new chelsea/adidas kits remind me a lot of the Australian rugby union tops. with the but uggly piping and weird shapes on the front.

My sister bought me one of these back from Argentina. Not that I really follow south american football but its always cool to have a few jerseys that are pretty much never ever seen here.

Except it looks a bit too much like an essendon top (for the Australians here)

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Austrian shirts in action

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

CubanMissile posted:

Looks downright reasonable compared to Mexico.

What you're not seeing is the sponsors on the socks.

I have a jersey that color and I love it. But it's also a GK jersey.

Rovers away next year: White shirt, red shorts. I like it.

I also gotta say I'm enjoying everyone wondering if whichever ridiculous Adidas template is real, since, thanks to their deal with MLS, we're the ones who get those templates first. That Chelsea one is what RBNY are wearing this season.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

The boob-manbreast mesh template is real. At least I think Ive seen a couple of MLS teams play on it.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Yeah I'm pretty sure New York has the moob top

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I'm liking that new Blackburn shirt, different seeing the white shirt and red shorts and socks. Works well together though.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

Hoover Dam posted:

What you're not seeing is the sponsors on the socks.

I have a jersey that color and I love it. But it's also a GK jersey.

Rovers away next year: White shirt, red shorts. I like it.

I also gotta say I'm enjoying everyone wondering if whichever ridiculous Adidas template is real, since, thanks to their deal with MLS, we're the ones who get those templates first. That Chelsea one is what RBNY are wearing this season.

Definitely good looking. The umbro kits seem to be pretty stylish this year.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Mr Pepper posted:

Definitely good looking. The umbro kits seem to be pretty stylish this year.

Which is weird because a couple seasons ago all of the Umbro kits had that terrible mesh under the arms that had the club's crest patterned into it--terrible

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

God drat, after wearing the porto top I ordered from soccertriads for one day. The letters and numbers started peeling off and just came right off. Hasn't damaged the actual top but I like numbers and names on mine :mad:

Emailed them to see about a refund or replacement. Hopfully they'll do what they did when they mis-spelt my mates top and just send me a new one without having to send this one all the way back.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

Directorman posted:

Which is weird because a couple seasons ago all of the Umbro kits had that terrible mesh under the arms that had the club's crest patterned into it--terrible

Oh no doubt. It does look like they're getting their poo poo together for 2009/2010 at least.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Irn--Bru posted:

God drat, after wearing the porto top I ordered from soccertriads for one day. The letters and numbers started peeling off and just came right off. Hasn't damaged the actual top but I like numbers and names on mine :mad:

Emailed them to see about a refund or replacement. Hopfully they'll do what they did when they mis-spelt my mates top and just send me a new one without having to send this one all the way back.

You have names and numbers on your kits? How old are you? 12?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Oh Em Gee posted:

You have names and numbers on your kits? How old are you? 12?

I have a couple without names and numbers that I'll wear when I'm out and about. But all the kits I wear when I play have names and numbers, what's wrong with that?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

It's infantile and not very stylish but so is wearing a kit in public, so the point was moot.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Still don't get it. Nearly everyone I play football with ranging from age 20 - 30 have numbers and poo poo. I didn't realise people got snobby about crap like that.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

what about if you get TOP CHANTER 46 on the back

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I will admit I hate it when you see folk with poo poo like 'BIG BOB' or 'BAZZ' on the back. But that's because they tend to be chavvy cunts.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

what about if you get TOP CHANTER 46 on the back

You get to go on the pitch at the club and shout at people.

This also works if you just buy a sheepskin jacket and convince people you're the new manager.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

Irn--Bru posted:

I will admit I hate it when you see folk with poo poo like 'BIG BOB' or 'BAZZ' on the back. But that's because they tend to be chavvy cunts.

Calm down bazz.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Grievo posted:

Calm down bazz.

You have a top with Grievo on it I bet!

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Look at me! Look at me! I'm here!

edit:
This year Real Potosi from Bolivia used this in Copa Libertadores

6 sponsors, 4 more on the back, 3 in each sleeve and a couple more on the shorts.

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 14, 2009

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Irn--Bru posted:

I had never heard of soccertriads before this thread, but I definitely want to order some tops from there. Are you talking about actual players names? Or just custom names and numbers? And how is the service for this site? Is this a common problem?
Sorry for derailing this thread :)

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

beedeebee posted:

I had never heard of soccertriads before this thread, but I definitely want to order some tops from there. Are you talking about actual players names? Or just custom names and numbers? And how is the service for this site? Is this a common problem?
Sorry for derailing this thread :)

I've bought quite a few tops from soccertriads, as have most of my mates. The quality is top notch. I think they get them straight from where they're manufactured since they're based in Thailand. As they're definately not fake shirts. (I compared my soccertriads Chelsea home shirt to my "real" away shirt and they were exactly thr same.

They charge £1 to get a squad players name printed from the dropdown box. If they don't have the player in the list, or you want a custom one, they charge £2.

They did gently caress up the spelling on a friends surname once. They put Leterier instead of Letelier. He emailed them and they sent him a replacement for free and he got to keep the mis-spelt one too. And as I just said they don't seem to have printed my porto top properly. But apart from that, all the other shirts I've ordered from them have been fine.

Usually takes about 1-2 weeks to arrive after I order. But shipping is also only about £2. Unless you use googlecheckout I think, in which case it's free shipping.

I'd reccomend them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

Irn--Bru posted:

I've bought quite a few tops from soccertriads, as have most of my mates. The quality is top notch. I think they get them straight from where they're manufactured since they're based in Thailand. As they're definately not fake shirts. (I compared my soccertriads Chelsea home shirt to my "real" away shirt and they were exactly thr same.

They charge £1 to get a squad players name printed from the dropdown box. If they don't have the player in the list, or you want a custom one, they charge £2.

They did gently caress up the spelling on a friends surname once. They put Leterier instead of Letelier. He emailed them and they sent him a replacement for free and he got to keep the mis-spelt one too. And as I just said they don't seem to have printed my porto top properly. But apart from that, all the other shirts I've ordered from them have been fine.

Usually takes about 1-2 weeks to arrive after I order. But shipping is also only about £2. Unless you use googlecheckout I think, in which case it's free shipping.

I'd reccomend them.

How does the lettering look on them? I'd like to get a Frankie Hejduk USMNT jersey and I don't want the letters to look goofy/wrong.