Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Do you Man Utd guys ever stop and reflect that you're wearing the logo of a failed American company that has been front and center of this current financial recession?

Not trolling, honest question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
ed: oh, that's Scotland.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

ibroxmassive posted:

Any team advertising either a Gambling firm or Alcohol (which is the vast majority) will offer a sponsorless one if you ask them.

How do you go about actually doing this? I'm thinking of picking up an Everton Donovan shirt but could do without a Thai beer advertisement.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I can't seem to find a website that will sell me this year's shirt for League 2 side Bury :(

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

oldman posted:

Seongnam's new kits don't thrill me either.

fun facts about Seongnam: they are the most successful team in K-League history but have the fewest fans.

Poor white guy on the right side looks like an outcast :(

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

calcio posted:

Where the hell are they planning on selling 50k away kits without raising suspicion.

soccertriads.com

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

ibroxmassive posted:

The reason for pink/flourescent orange/bright garish colours is because it focuses an attacking players attention onto the goalkeeper rather than the goal, so they shoot towards the goalkeeper.

Cech started it I think, wanting to give himself an edge, and now lots of goalkeepers are copying it

The world awaits a camo-GK

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I don't understand how shirt designers pull random colors out of their rear end for new kits. Maybe I should go back to American football or something.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Hoover Dam posted:

That would be the difference between the "authentic" and "replica" jerseys.

Isn't this a uniquely American distinction?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Do smaller teams (e.g. League 2 side Bury) generally offer customization such as a player's name/number?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

wildlele posted:

Just got my first triads order. Are the names/numbers supposed to be ironed on? The three lions and Umbro are stitched on the front, but the rest seem to feel cheap. I got the shorts too and they are 100% polyester? Feel free to weigh in. I might get my next jersey without name/number

Genuine or not, that looks awful.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

The Acolyte posted:

It's the blue and red on the sleeves which make it look very unfinished; they should've made it all white. I love the home kit, it looks clean and simple.

They look really bland for the international marketing juggernaut that goes by the name of Manchester United F.C.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

wicka posted:

I know man, I really don't understand how. It's loving horrid.

US Soccer is probably preoccupied with trying to get the second-division level leagues to play nice at the moment.

fake edit: also horrid--our money. check out these sweet fantasy designs some student made

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Benadryl Brownie posted:

sorta hosed up the backs when he put washington on the $5 and Abe on the $10.

$1 coins, believe it

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Cjones posted:

If it wasn't so close to the DFB one, I would just say use the back of the quarter design for the US badge (sans the motto and stuff)

Schwarbage posted:

Actually E Pluribus Unum wouldn't be such a bad motto for a soccer team.

How about the 2010 penny? Way cleaner.

You could replace the "ONE CENT" with "USA SOCCER" and call it a day.

oldman posted:

What's the selection at Dick's Sporting Goods usually like? A new one just opened up about an hour away from me.

I checked out the selection at a new Dick's last month and can safely say it's not worth driving an hour to. They had some lovely stylized shirts for 50% off, but YMMV of course. Also they had a random Celtic shirt at 50% off, but gently caress that. However I did buy an LA Galaxy ball because it was $5 off so not a total loss!

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Not a kit, but I just saw this poo poo in the EPL thread

MrBling posted:

In the category of "poo poo you didn't even realise you could get" comes the following item.

http://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs08/detail.php?productid=ST40224

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Good enough for me. 10 GBP / $15 USD for a L/S Messi shirt delivered to California :woop:

e: currency is hard

Mandalay fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 4, 2010

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

ICA posted:

This. It's not bad. Actually its very good considering the other premier league teams' strips over the last two seasons. The sponsor being the same colour as the stripes help.

Plus to the uninformed American, it looks like you're simply supporting British imperialism :downs:

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Gold and a Pager posted:

I used Google Checkout to buy my USA away (#8 Dempsey) jersey today. I'm assuming that I'm good to go since it's Google.

same, I even ticked the Google Checkout checkbox that keeps my email address confidential in case they wanted to sell my email address for $0.00000001.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Cjones posted:

Sorry those aren't Manchester shirts

idk I've seen a few Liverpool Malay-American supporters

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

harperdc posted:

holy poo poo yes, those are pretty awesome.

Phil Knight has killed your taste in uniforms I see :colbert:

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Ka0 posted:

now this is how you make a commemorative poo poo.

hth

Looks tacky as all hell.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Fag Boy Jim posted:

so yeah

i don't know either

great post/username combo.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I'm flying to Madrid tomorrow for the CL finals--any tips on getting a Bayern shirt there?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
That's the same collar as the horrid Italy shirt.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I just got my Soccer Triads Messi XL longsleeve jersey too! The number "1" in "10" on the back is about one degree crooked but I'll live.

wildlele posted:

It is back as http://www.maxxsoccer.com/

looks like soccertriads.com is up too

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Couch posted:

I really want this:

speaking as someone who isn't really a supporter of a specific EPL team, Tottenham has the classiest poo poo

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

BFD Zio posted:

Anyone here know where I can locate an authentic version of this jersey?

Click here for the full 1024x683 image.

Specifically the red one. I've had my family down in Brazil looking for it but they aren't having much success, and online i'm not locating anything reasonable or that isn't sketchy.

I'll even pay a finders fee to anyone who can locate one I can purchase online easily (meaning not having to WU some guy on mercado livre money).

Have a link to the green one? Know what it is called?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

BFD Zio posted:

Sorry wasn't specific, it is the goalkeeper kit for the 2010 WC. They most likely won't use these though, just the black one i'd assume.

http://www.netshoes.com.br/produto/index_ch.aspx?pc=17554

Only was able to pull up results searching for camisa de goleiro brasil 2010 and variations on that. Looking for the 'vermelha' which is red. Only issue with searching this way is you get a lot of sketchy results or places that are sold out, or mercado which is the Brazil eBay.

Apparently that picture is from the opening of a Nike Town store in Brazil: http://footballfashion.org/wordpress/2010/04/07/brazil-nike-world-cup-2010-goalkeeper-kits-%E2%80%93-a-first-look/
See if they don't live near a store: http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikefootball/pt_BR/store_locator

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
oh is that where fat ronaldo went?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

real_scud posted:

I know you said ignore, but you do realize that they're actually getting shipped from China?

I think they get manufactured in Thailand, sent to a guy in Hong Kong, and then shipped from there.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Nothus posted:

The background are Houston Dynamo fans. :911:

Apparently it's just student-made concept art :( :( :(

http://www.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2010/celebrate-dutch-goals-by-wearing-the-players-faces.html

worlds collide moment: I'm going to see Houston on Saturday in LA. Where this girl I had a huge crush on in college lives, and she's a huge KNVB fan.

edit: newspaper link about the shirt http://www.telegraaf.nl/achteroranje/6853422/__Shirt_omhoog_voor_Oranje__.html?p=7,2

Mandalay fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 4, 2010

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

BFD Zio posted:

Yeah i'd have to agree with people on this stuff. Some jerseys can be worn casually, like the Corinthians one I posted earlier looks good with shorts IMO. Key reason? It isn't covered in ads, isn't a ridiculous color, and has a collar.

I love AC Milan but you won't catch me in a Milan jersey around town.

I'd love a soccer shirt that looks kind of like a standard casual IT polo.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

ibroxmassive posted:

Rangers, England home

yeah I'm not too sure about the huge Tennent's ad on the Rangers shirt.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

calcio posted:

It isn't odd, Bovine is just a weird dude.

It's not common to wear soccer jerseys in America unless you are in a primarily Latino neighborhood. They're definitely less obnoxious than (American) football jerseys though.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

I can speak from experience that wearing the Marseille argyle kit has helped me pull rear end on more than one occasion.

It looks kind of ridiculous with the big sponsor print on it.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Oh Em Gee posted:

Kits are ok, however, getting names on the back is the realm of man-children and Americans. hth.

My new Bayern shirt (bought it at the CL final for 75 EUR, ugh) has "FC BAYERN MUNCHEN" on the top of the back side. Not sure how I feel about it.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

harperdc posted:

It's supposed to, most all German teams have the club name on the back along with player names and numbers.

yeah, I know. I'm just not sure how I feel about the trend. it was a semireply to this post

Oh Em Gee posted:

Kits are ok, however, getting names on the back is the realm of man-children and Americans. hth.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

cheese posted:

people are not going to stop you at the park or in the mall for sporting a Chelsea home kit with Drogba on the back.

It's perfect for dive bars :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

wicka posted:

Only Soccer Triads has authentic lettering and only minejerseys has smalls :negative:

just suck it up and buy the real thing?

in related news, I spent $97 USD for a League 2 side Bury's jersey. shipping + vat :negative: