Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Nike have done the same thing with the France shirt as they did with the French rugby shirt, changing it from a brighter blue to a navy, although the French Rugby shirt has a disgusting wave thing in lighter blue on it.

What wave thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

calcio posted:

That's a very gorgeous shirt even with the middle thing.

Rugby players tend to hold the ball against their torso, so that middle thing provides some grip for it. You don't really notice it when their playing. It looks like Nike's philosophy towards rugby jerseys is being applied to their football shirts judging from the French football team shirts (which appears to be "simple and timeless") - which is also quite gorgeous.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I thought the bar was just a printing on the shirt, but I guess not. I can imagine it being quite unpleasant to wear, what with the stitching possibly causing severe nipple rubbage.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

GravityDaemon posted:

I don't think it was available to buy, but there was a "25 years of Berlusconi" Milan kit that was worn for a game this season.

Here it is, if anyone's curious or hasn't seen it.

Here's Gattusso wearing it:

and a couple of shots of the stitching commemorating 25 years of Berlusconi

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Grievo posted:

Is their sponsor called Wonga?

Couch posted:

That was going by All Blacks shirts. Super 15 shirts are $150 and are listed as "as worn by the players" but they don't have any higher/lower tier ones. Embroidered logos, heat sealed (or whatever it's called) sponsor/comp logos.

It is worth nothing though that (at least in recent memory) team logos/numbers etc sometimes come off.

But on the other hand, Adidas makes this sort of thing and that totally makes it worth it:

Adidas do make fantastic rugby jerseys.

Also, the numbers fell off of this one during a game against Ireland.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 11:12 on May 12, 2011

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Paul Pot posted:

tell us more about this rugby jersey you selfish gently caress

It was a limited edition jersey made for the New Zealand Maori representative side last year to commemorate 100 years of Maori rugby. It's beautiful.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Paul Pot posted:

drat, how limited? couldn't find anything on ebay on my first try

There were only on sale for a set amount of time with an upper limit on how many were made. I missed out and I've been kicking myself ever since.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Not my size. gently caress.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

sticksy posted:

On a related note, are there ANY other football teams that anyone can think of that are also sponsored by Reebok right now? I couldn't come up with any, which if so, is a tragedy.

Other than the ones already mentioned, they also do a fair few of the Aussie (+1 Kiwi) A-League shirts. Here's a couple:

Wellington Phoenix:

Perth Glory:

Sao Paulo in Brazil also has Reebok doing their kits:

And there's a South African team called AmaZulu that Reebok sponsors. This is the best picture I could find featuring a Reebok AmaZulu shirt:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Christ, those kits are far from the ugliest sporting shirts of all time.

A gem from Reebok

You can't really see it in the picture, but it says "SCHWEPPES" along the side on the sleeves.

And one of Adidas' finest hours.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What's going on with that goal keeper's neck?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

sweek0 posted:

That Birmingham shirt would look much nicer if it was pictured as being a little less baggy.

Oh hello Romania.

I didn't realise Jackson Pollock had risen from the dead and started designing football shirts for adidas.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's a nice box and all, but gently caress Arsenal.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

New Japan kit

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/12/13-kits/japan-2012-adidas-home-football-shirt.html

Looks a bit like they are all wearing hipster skinny ties

The red line is meant to represent the strength of the will and determination of the Japanese people to overcome adversity and to represent the bond between the supporters and the team, particularly poignant considering what Japan, as a nation, went through last year.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

WhiteShad0w posted:

You got all that from a single stripe?

I was in Japan when the kit was officially released over there. Plus it more or less says all that here:

It looked pretty good when I saw it in the store. I probably should have gotten one, actually.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is that shirt for the England football team to play golf in?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Are there any examples of their previous work? What's their standard?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

That's great and all, but is there any reason why they've crammed the shirt into a plastic bag to make it look like a blood pack?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eh, I'm seen worse. It's not as good as the Seongnam outfits but better than Daejon's.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

gently caress Man City. What you want is this bad boy here:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I like the home Seoul kit, although it does look like a bootleg AC Milan shirt. The away kit can gently caress right off the nearest cliff.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is that for home or away?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Is this really Ireland's Euro 2012 away kit? Because it's 1998 as gently caress.

I thought that was Roy Keane's shirt from a 1998 kit for a second.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

HinderedUseless posted:

I can just imagine an entire stand full of Arsenal fans doing this when van Persie scores a goal. It will be totally insufferable.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is that real?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It still looks better than that piece of poo poo shirt.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

harperdc posted:

it's just a U23 tournament, don't see what the big deal is <sarcasm> yeah I think most nations just wear their normal kit.

the Japanese league season just started up, so I've been looking to see what team is closest to go to a game. And, well, holy poo poo the nearest J-League 1 team to me is...yeah:

the brightest possible kit for the lamest possible area of Japan.

Hey man, Saga is far from the lamest possible area of Japan, let alone the lamest possible area represented in the J-League 1. That honour belongs to Saitama.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Third kits are just so pointless.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Mash posted:

Best looking wolfshirt I've ever seen

It's the only good looking wolfshirt ever made.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

What is super furry animals?

A rock band from Cardiff.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Away kit, without the crest and sponsor logo, looks like something you'd wear on casual Friday.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is it just me, or is the Jeep logo a bit crooked on the home kit?

Also, can't wait to see what the box it comes in looks like.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Since when did Liverpool deserve this kind of hype around a kit announcement?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

c0burn posted:

We are in the top 10 selling football shirts worldwide. It's a pretty big deal I guess.

Yeah, but Liverpool's poo poo.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Can anyone confirm if it's real or not?

That's the away shirt if it is, right? Don't really see an issue with it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Serie A clubs get a star for every 10 scudettos don't they? Do they have those in other leagues?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's a simple design, doesn't have all sorts of silly patterns on it and it's in one colour, making it hard to gently caress up like Nike did with the Barcelona one. The shittiness of a shirt is often directly proportional to how complicated the design is.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Tzen posted:

the yellow doesn't match the shorts

It looks like it does at the bum.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I guess after having the Barcelona shirt inflicted upon my eyes, it's hard not to think the Costa Rica shirt doesn't look too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What's the 3 stars for? I thought they haven't got to 30 championships yet, because they lost a couple by being a bunch of cheats.